Parents Then what???

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Tootsmom

Proud Parent
hoping someone has experienced this before: DD is in the 4th grade and is 10 she will be excel diamond next season (fall) she eventually wants to do high school team also. My ? Is there enough skills to learn and perform for that many years? If not what happens to her til high school team? As much as she loves gym and her club would love for her to do optionals she isn't interested in that many hours. Thanks for any answers

I think it depends on what she has going into diamond now...and if they will let her train things she can't compete.

Our high school the kids can try out for Varsity gymnastics in middle school which for my girl is in 7th grade. Just needs to cleared ny her doctor.

Also is it possible to find a gym that does JO lower hours. Our girls go 12 hours. Yes in optionals.

The best thing about upper level gymnastics - I would put Diamond and JO 8/9/10 in this category- is the almost endless variety of skills that can be learned/performed. Moving up another level at that point isn't the be all end all goal anymore. It's about doing the best gmnastics you can and expanding the variety of skills you can do well. As long as she is in an xcel program that allows girls to learn new skills as they are capable she should stay happy.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back