This week I accomplished...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I landed my flyspring three times. On the spring floor! They were sorta low but I stood them up! A missed a few too but I don't even have my front handspring consistent right now... buuuttt...

FIRST NEW SKILL SINCE HIGH SCHOOL!!! That makes it my first new skill in around TEN YEARS!!!!!!!!! It feels goooooooood!!!

~Katy

That is awesome Kgymm, good for you!!!! Had a great practice today. It's funny, I just went through and read all these posts, and I realized something...I have "almost" had my pullover and BHC since like, april lol. Aw well, it may be taking me forever to get my bars, but I am having a whole lot of fun. Just waiting for the day when I do skills all by myself :cool:

Bars can be tough to get the hang of, once those basics start to click though the rest will be a little easier. It's just not the kinds of motions our bodies are used to making... doing things on a floor, jumping over things- much more normal in life. swinging around a bar, not so much.

~Katy

Totally agree with you katy about bars!
Today I did BWO on the high beam with a mat over and one underneath, and stuck 5 of them. And then, we went on floor and I tumbled for the first time since may (when I hurt my ankle). Now I have massive fear issues with the back tuck, but today I did about 4 by myself! I was doing one with the coach,, then running back and doing it straight away on my own, and I really think I might be getting there!

Now if I can have BWO on beam and RO BHS BT by competition, and maybe standing BT off beam dismount I will be one happy gymnast!

This week has been the best yet so far for me. They took my suggestion and added more adult classes! And in addition to that they even invited me to join team and compete! I was floored! I really really want to do it but I don't know if I can money wise right now. After the owner told me that I was ultra motivated :) I got my kick out out of my flips on tramp and did some nice layout's. I am really hoping I can join the team! But if nothing else I will at least get to go twice a week now! So happy!

This week has been the best yet so far for me. They took my suggestion and added more adult classes! And in addition to that they even invited me to join team and compete! I was floored! I really really want to do it but I don't know if I can money wise right now. After the owner told me that I was ultra motivated :) I got my kick out out of my flips on tramp and did some nice layout's. I am really hoping I can join the team! But if nothing else I will at least get to go twice a week now! So happy!

that's so awesome! what a great opportunity !

Aerial that is awesome! Good for you!! Nothing big here for me this week, but I do think I might be able to try out for team in the next week or so!!!

I started working on getting my kip back (and my abs are already feeling it!) And I also started working on a front layout off of the tumble track! Lots of fun today. Didn't get anything new, but still- progress!

~Katy

Need to talk to them still, but it will have to be in the next couple of weeks, or I miss my shot for team until next year, since August 1st is the last day. We shall see. If not, I just bust my butt and see if next year I can't shoot for intermediate instead of novice

Need to talk to them still, but it will have to be in the next couple of weeks, or I miss my shot for team until next year, since August 1st is the last day. We shall see. If not, I just bust my butt and see if next year I can't shoot for intermediate instead of novice

Remember too you can always go to a novice level meet during the year w/ me if you have what you need but missed the deadline for Prep opt.

I landed my flyspring three times. On the spring floor! They were sorta low but I stood them up! A missed a few too but I don't even have my front handspring consistent right now... buuuttt...

FIRST NEW SKILL SINCE HIGH SCHOOL!!! That makes it my first new skill in around TEN YEARS!!!!!!!!! It feels goooooooood!!!

~Katy

Congrats :) such a good feeling isnt it?

Nothing really new w/ skills on competition events this week, but I tried a front handspring front tuck vault on our 'tumble trak' vault into the pit, so its a softer table that is on the end of the tumble track. They were fun, I would love to be able to do that vault one day, but I think it will be harder to learn than tsuks. I also did a tsuk to a landing mat in the pit on the tumble trak vault which I did not have the height to be able to do before.

I got up the guts to do a roundoff on the floor and a back handspring up to a 'fat mat' which is like 3 feet off the ground, which is used as a twisting drill and a yurchenko drill. I had done it when we had a board to do a roundoff onto, but that gives you more bounce. I didn't think my roundoff was powerful enough to make it, but I went for it and I just barely make it, but that was good because I was afraid to go for it for a long time.

Oh and I started connecting backwalkover to backhandspring on the low beam, with mats on the side. I would be mega scared to do that on a high beam, but I like working on it and if I keep staying straight maybe one day I can get that combo.

I did the most hours this week I have done for a few years, and I am glad my body could take it! I did 14 hours.

Remember too you can always go to a novice level meet during the year w/ me if you have what you need but missed the deadline for Prep opt.

I can't wait to see what you have been able to start doing! Are you coming to class on Tuesday? Yeah, I will probably go to a meet or two with you if I don't make team. I am glad you mentioned that, b/c it takes a LOT of pressure of off me to get everything down consistently on my own:rolleyes:

I can't wait to see what you have been able to start doing! Are you coming to class on Tuesday? Yeah, I will probably go to a meet or two with you if I don't make team. I am glad you mentioned that, b/c it takes a LOT of pressure of off me to get everything down consistently on my own:rolleyes:

I am not coming to class, I am doing 830-3pm Tues and Thurs next week. I am getting plenty of hrs. so don't need class. I might be back in the fall, not sure.

This week has been my greatest accomplishment! I got accepted onto team! Even being an adult! My coach was very encouraging about it and told me she thought I would do very well. I knew I would be testing for level placement so I really went all out. (Sooo sore today) I am so excited about this and especially that I go to such a great gym that not only allows adults in class, but also allows them to compete!

Aerialriver

Congrats to ariel on making the team! Will you change your no of hours on team?

Today, I accomplished a BWO on high beam with a thin mat over, and NO extra mats underneath! I also did around 8 RO BHS BT both with and without a spot - so that they are almost consistent so long as somebody is standing there.
Bars is coming along, though I have lost my back hip circle again. Ahh well.
I'm not back in the gym now for 3 weeks, so we shall se how it goes when I get back!

Excellent job on the BWO MissBear!!!!! Front bounders on TT are really consistent for me now. Just need to figure out how to drive my heals on my FHS, since I can do it really well on front bounders. Working FHS into the resi pit now. Still have something missing with my bars and my pullover, I seem to be having trouble getting my shoulders past the bar allowing me to get upside down fully, therefore over, still require that little push over, but other than that, I have it. BHC for the most part is pretty good, that has gotten pretty consistent, still get a little spot with that too, again, the same spot that I seem to get stuck with on my pullover, I get stuck with on my BHC, so my coach and I are going to do lots of backwards stuff on Friday I think, when I have my private. But, I am ready to start casting into my sole circle dismount now, instead of using mats to jump off of! So at least that I am progressing really well on!!!! Beam is going well, consistently sticking my turns now, handstands at about a \95% consistency.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back