WAG Tights in gymnastics?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have been rewatching the 2012 olympic games and for the first time realized that some gymnasts wear tights. Am I the only one that noticed this so late or is this old news? I noticed whenever Catalina Ponor had an obvious rip in her tights during event finals and then began seeing other gymnasts also with tights. I don't think the US gymnasts do, so is this a European thing? Is it with all competitions, or just the big international ones?

I saw it too. I know what you are talking about. Some of the foreign (not US) gymnasts appeared to be wearing footless flesh colored tights. I saw the run too. I will see if I can find any YouTube coverage a post a video.

Maybe I'm wrong and they're not tights. Oops. I just feel like her legs are a different color than her neck and face. Same with Sandra Izabaza.

it's kinesio tape for crying out loud. a couple of them had pulled hip flexors. that's how you tape it. lol. :)

I'm pretty sure that's physio tape on her hips (or whatever the real name for that is). At first I thought she had badly matched skin-colour underwear but nope it's tape. If her leotard wasn't cut so insanely high I doubt we'd notice!

I don't remember exactly who it was, but when I was watching the Olympics I thought it looked like someone was wearing footless tights too! I decided she must have gotten some kind of weird spray tan.

It's definitely tape as others have said. One of the girls at the British champs this year had it down the back of her leg. One of our little gymnasts also thought she must have laddered her tights!

I don't remember exactly who it was, but when I was watching the Olympics I thought it looked like someone was wearing footless tights too! I decided she must have gotten some kind of weird spray tan.
I think if you look closely, it's because the ankles on that athlete are taped.

Maybe I'm wrong and they're not tights. Oops. I just feel like her legs are a different color than her neck and face. Same with Sandra Izabaza.
They wear heavy make-up on their faces. As well their face and hands may see the sun way more than their legs.

I also noticed the same thing. I can't anwser your question (which I'm sorry about) but I don't think the American gymnast wear tights during competion

It's definitely tape as others have said. One of the girls at the British champs this year had it down the back of her leg. One of our little gymnasts also thought she must have laddered her tights![/QUOTE
It's kinda obvious that the tape looks like tights. But why do they wear so much tape?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back