Coaches Tramp Board for Xcel

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Has anyone been to an Xcel meet in the last season or two that did NOT provide a tramp board/air board for Xcel sessions?
For the last 2 seasons I've lugged ours around with me only to find one on site at almost every meet. However we did go to one meet that only provided 1 tramp board with 2 vaults running. This season I told my kids I would not be bringing our own board (it's scratched up my car terribly as I load/unload it by myself) but as we approach the first meet I'm starting to panic that we will get there and there won't be one available. I hate to email the meet director this close (meet is tomorrow) to the meet to ask so thought I would check here first to see if anyone had run into any problems?

Just email the meet director. Part of her job is answering these questions. The only meets I have seen with issues of not having a tramp board are those held in gyms that don't have one.

Hm, I think it's fine to email but if it's in state then the meet is using an equipment company so I would expect them to have full equipment. We've used a few different equipment companies and they have always brought enough of the tramp boards. Plus I looked on YouTube for videos from last year and I see one of a girl in bronze using a tramp board.

Thanks! I think this meet should be okay as it has multiple Xcel sessions, but it would be just my luck for the meet I don't bring a board to not to have one.

I've been to one invitational (in a gym) where they didn't have one. It was a huge drama because a couple of teams claimed it was unsafe to vault without it since that's all they ever trained. I was judging. They ended up borrowing one from a nearby gym and rearranging the rotation schedule to those teams could vault last.

I'd check with the meet director.

If they are hosting an Xcel Bronze/Silver meet they are REQUIRED to have the proper equipment. So in the case of them not having one, is against the rules. I believe that could have been a problem for them had it been reported. It was not an "option".

Our meet last weekend had boards for both vaults, but it's our next meet that I'm most concerned about. Last year they only had one air board, had I not brought the one from our gym one of the vaults would have been stuck with a springboard. So I might actually email that meet director in the next few weeks.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back