Parents Upcoming meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Jennemmy

Proud Parent
I love how excited my gymmie gets before a meet. She started the countdown yesterday. It also surprises me because I would be nervous if the roles are reversed. She definitely has her dad's competitive spirit but doesn't seem to ever get upset if a meet doesn't go well. Anyone else have a "Suzie Sunshine" at home?

:):) I certainly have one just like that! My DD is always so full of smiles. She works very hard, but her demeanor all around is always very sunny. She hasn't competed officially through USAG, but she did through the rec. program at her gym last year. These meets are far more low key, so that could have contributed to her positive disposition. I think personality wise, she is just like that on her own. Even if she fell off the beam on her cartwheel, she still smiled and finished the routine with the biggest smile! That to me is priceless!
She can't wait to compete for the first time this season, and everything is gymnastics these days. She wears everything gymnastics to school, out to play, etc. Her eagerness is infectious. Her smiles are endearing! :):)

My girl is usually like that. At meets and practice she always looks really happy, but she is very hard on herself. I think she is a people pleaser and likes to make others happy, so she will smile even if she is upset. Her first 2 years competing, she was just happy to be out there. She has her first level 5 meet in a week and she is super excited, but also very nervous. She has been counting down for the past 10 days or so, now she is getting really excited. She hasn't competed since March, so she is going nuts not competing. And this meet is really just a teaser, so she will have to wait until January to officially start her season. I would prefer she just waited until January, but she really, really wants to compete. AND wear her new leo, too. LOL. Good luck to your DD!! Hope she has a great meet!

I get the people pleaser part. Today she was picking out a bday present and let her sister make the final choice between things! I joke that if we could bottle her enthusiasm up we would be rich. :D I can hear her bouncing around upstairs getting her team leo ready. She is raring to go. I'll let you know how it goes.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back