WAG Update-I'm done

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I posted awhile go about my concussion and if it was worth it to go back to gymnastics. My doctor made the decision for me. I am not medically able to do gymnastics ever again! It is really a bittersweet thing. I had so much I was still learning and so many more skills I could achieve but looking back I have come a long way from that little girl who started in gymnastics because she hated every other sport! I am moving on to running. Hopefully I can put the mental toughness I learned in gymnastics to good use! I apologize for getting sappy but I just wanted to thank everyone on here for answering my gymnastics questions and just generally talking about gymnastics with me! I will still occasionally post, after all I do know quite a bit about gymnastics :)

I'm sorry to hear that you have to quit; but it sounds like the right move. Enjoy running. Just be sure to take care of your knees. ;-)

Glad you have found a new passion, I love running too. It really does help to move on when you have something new to focus on.

Glad you'll be sticking around here.

Unfortunate.

Running. Eew. Pick another sport. Just joking.

Find something that makes you happy and do it.

Gymnasts tend to make great divers, olympic lifters, bodybuilders, aerobic competitors (which is sort of like dance, tumbling and flexing all in one), power tumblers or cheerleaders.

To be honest, they generally are physically prepared to do just about any sport so long as they aren't limited by their height (tennis, basketball, maybe volleyball).

I had to read a few of your past posts to get a history. You sound like an amazing young lady with an extremely bright future. Good luck with running and college.

How about dance? They have competitions. Audition for a local dance company to start. Your college or community might have one. It is a more physical activity than many believe. Gymnasts make beautiful dancers because of their flexibility and strength. It involves expression and with all you've gone through could come out beautifully in dance. It is also very fulfilling, for me at least.

Good luck in your future. You sound like a champion so I'm sure you will be successful in whatever you decide to do. And this gymnastics community will always be here for you :)

So sorry to hear this. But you know you can always be here and post too. Don't forget to check with the DR to make sure running is ok too. You know what they say - When a door closes a window opens. Look for the opportunities out there. You know if you just can't imagine life without gymnastics you could become a coach.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back