WAG USAG Level 7 Regionals?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mylittlemiss

Proud Parent
We got our team's schedule for the upcoming season and it shows on there a level 7/8 regionals. Anyone else's region having the 7's included this year? We are new to optionals, but I have not been aware of this being a typical level for regionals.

My daughter is not a L7, but I looked at the meet schedule in our state USAG website, and we too have an L7/L8 regional meet. I think that is great! Regional meets and national meets are always exciting!

From what I am reading Region 6 level 7 regional will just be super team (top 7 gymnast all age division) from each state competing. Any one else have any info for region 6?

Our gyms meet schedule includes Level 7 for regionals but I cannot find any information about it on the Region 4 website. In the past it has only been Level 8 and up but maybe with the new changes in levels that is changing as well? Hopefully someone can clarify this for me.?

For level 7's in Region 8, I think they take the top 21 girls from each state. Really tough to make it for that level. Not sure about other regions.

Region 1 had level 7 regionals for the first time last year. It was held in conjunction with excel.

No L7 regionals in region 2 but they are having an invitational for them and then they will reevaluate.

For level 7's in Region 8, I think they take the top 21 girls from each state. Really tough to make it for that level
in region 8, L7/8 regionals has a fixed number of slots which is divided up based on percentage of gymnasts in each state achieving a certain score during the meet season. the states with more gymnasts scoring above 34 get more slots. For instance, this past year, an NC had around 45 slots whereas FL had around 60. L8 works the same way but there are more slots available. NC had around 60.

From there, I am not sure if the states get to choose how to divide their spots but in NC, the slots are given to the top scoring gymnasts across all age divisions, not a certain # for age division.

And you are right, you need to a high score for L7, at least in NC. Lowest score to make the cut here was 37.3. L8 was lower with a mid 36, I believe.

in region 8, L7/8 regionals has a fixed number of slots which is divided up based on percentage of gymnasts in each state achieving a certain score during the meet season. the states with more gymnasts scoring above 34 get more slots. For instance, this past year, an NC had around 45 slots whereas FL had around 60. L8 works the same way but there are more slots available. NC had around 60.

From there, I am not sure if the states get to choose how to divide their spots but in NC, the slots are given to the top scoring gymnasts across all age divisions, not a certain # for age division.

And you are right, you need to a high score for L7, at least in NC. Lowest score to make the cut here was 37.3. L8 was lower with a mid 36, I believe.

I think TN had 21 slots and it was also the highest scores across all the age divisions. I went back and looked at scores and the 21st qualifying score was a 37.4. It was pretty competitive. I remember when one of the optional moms told me that she thought level 7 was the hardest regionals to qualify for. Think that she was right. :eek:

I agree L7 is hard to qualify for in region 8. In our state almost 1/2 of the L8's get to go to regionals compared to the top 1/5 for L7. There are more slots available for L8 Regionals and less L8 competitors as compared to L7. Then once you get to L9 you just need the flat score of 34. I am looking forward to that- to not have to wait through other sessions to find out if dd scored high enough.

Thanks to everyone for their replies! It's interesting to read about how a level 7 regionals is handled around the US. My DD is starting this season as a level 6 and most likely will go 7 during the season, at some point. It will be interesting to see if she makes it as far as regionals. Sounds like it could be a long shot, depending on how she's scoring, as far as her chances of qualifying.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back