WAG USAIGC Questions?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Will your gym be cutting hours to the recommended levels?
First of all recommended levels are just that a recommendation/

Our gym maxs out at 15 hours per week after Level 4. They don't do crazy amounts of hours even for JO.

wow max 15 hours......after Level 4- does that still allow them to be competitive at level 9/10 etc.- I'm thinking lots of quality over quantity mentality?

Actually, the hours practiced has been rather beaten to death (on many threads) and varies by huge levels, no matter the division.

Didn't start the thread to talk about hours or levels (beyond what skills are required for the levels).

Our gym has been in business a long time. They have done things this way for a lot longer then we have been at the gym and well over a decade. And their minimum hours required are what they are. And we have some pretty strong gymmies. We have kids get scholarships to college. We have had kids branch out to other sports and gotten college scholarships. We have had other L10s in the past. Its cool.

More importantly the hours work for us (as in my daughter and our family).

We currently have at least one Level 9, not sure if she is going to be a 10 this year and I am not sure who might moving from our 7/8s. If it is not my girls level, I just don't pay much attention, beyond some curiosity concerning her next potential level as that gets closer.

So our gym life here is Level 4 for JO and a mild curiosity about IGC, because last time we did it was Copper.

So for those who shared the links thanks.

If any one has what skills per level. I would love that information.

Beyond that there is nothing to add.

Actually I found the skill levels requirements further in the rules.

So I am thinking it will be Bronze or Silver.

Again, to those who posted the links thanks.

I have the info I was looking for.

There was a thread about this. In region 6 they instituted a rule that you cannot attend Xcel regionals if you went to states for JO in the same competition year.
I saw that thread. It was my understanding that USAIGC rules don't allow for overlap or competition if girls go to states in another league? DDs old team had their JO girls do qualifiers for move up purposes, but not attend states or regionals for that reason.

I imagine the coach will have that all sorted out.

The rule reads they can not compete USAG/IGC simultaneously.

At the very least, it seems to be violating the spirit of the USAIGC policies if you read about the vote. They specifically voted that they did not want compulsory or Xcel gymnasts competing in their program. They forbid it if the seasons overlap. Even going to early States, looking at the USAIGC calendar it seems that the seasons overlap. There is a USAIGC team cup challenge in NY the same weekend as early States.

Again, I am not arguing or debating rules. I don't make the decisions on how, what or where we compete. I am sure it will be all sorted out and rules will be followed as they stand.

I was looking for information. I got the information I was looking for. A huge thank you to those who provided links and pointed me in the right direction.

There is no need to continue the OT discussion. You are all free however to start your own thread to debate it. As far as I am concerned as OP there is no need to continue.
Thanks All.

I think people are just curious as it is something that no one else really sees. We don't even have USAIGC here, so for me, it is interesting. I have never seen a gym that has your philosphy so I like reading about how it plays out.

There is no need to continue the OT discussion. You are all free however to start your own thread to debate it. As far as I am concerned as OP there is no need to continue.
Thanks All.

No offense, but I don't think that's your call. You certainly don't have to read or comment any further since you've gotten what you needed, but I think the thread and information is clearly interesting to people -- and that is why it has continued.

It IS a very unique approach to gymnastics (competing both JO / Xcel or USAIGC in the same season), so I think that it is only natural that people are curious.

Last edited:
I'm going to jump in and support @Deleted member 18037. She has shared her story many times on many threads and it seems to be a topic people are passionate about. I think she's just being polite about planning to stop participating.

tldr: Her gym likes to have the girls compete both JO and a "optional" style routine in the same year. Sounds like this is moving from xcel to USAIGC. Whether this is fair at a meta level is not her choice, but the gym's choice. And she picked the gym because it has flexible hours which her family likes. So while she likes having both programs and is willing to defend the rationale, at the end of the day she is just along for the ride.

I'm the OP.

Unless you're an admin, I'm pretty sure you can't just decide to "close" a thread. You can choose to not read or respond any longer and let the others carry on the discussion. The discussion isn't really off-topic -- seems to me that people are genuinely trying to understand the rules and the parameters of competition in each program. Those are pretty on-topic questions.

And the topic is USAIGC questions...I am just curious about this different stream as we do not have it at all where we live!

Reactions: sce
I find is interesting that an organisation called USAIGC has a worlds competition. So is it not just USA based?
I love hearing about all the different streams in the US, wish we had the numbers down here to allow them, we have nothing for lower hour gymnasts.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back