Parents Vault choices for level 6

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I thought the only vault allowed was FHS till 8. My daughter told me last night she may do a half layout. Can she? I am so lost.

I am not sure about 6 but for L7 many of our girls did a full for vault - meaning a front handspring with a full twist. This still has the 10.0 start value. (At L8, it has a 9.5 start value)

At L7 you definitely see some variation in vault - but not much. FHS still dominates (at least for this year! I think things change for next year with the intro of timers at L7)

I believe the vault requirements are changing this coming season. I don't know exactly to what though.

I wonder how much. They have also been practicing 1/2 on with yurchenko and tusks. She has also mentioned doing round offs and saltos as well but I do not understand what the last 2 are.

Reactions: sce
Our kids have been drilling tsuks since last summer. Now on the table and into the pit. They will be L7 and or L8 at some point next year.

There are changes for next season. Hopefully coaches will chime in. All we know is at level 7, a timer is required.

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back