Parents Vault fail/fall....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

FlippinLilysMom

Proud Parent
Lily competed at her second HOPES qualifier a few weeks ago at the KPAC meet in North Carolina. Sadly, she did not qualify. She fell very badly on her vault and did not receive a score (according to her coaches she didn't receive a score because her feet were not the first thing to hit the mat). And since she only gets one vault attempt at qualifiers we knew she wouldn't be able to qualify. She did end great on beam though with a 12.950 and first place!!! Below is a link to her vault video...it's pretty hard to watch but thankfully she was NOT injured.

saw a very similar vault at our state meet a couple weeks ago. Very scary. The girls was dazed and had trouble the rest of the meet. Glad your dd was ok.

Oh, no. Poor girl, her hands slipped. I've been at level 8 meets where the judges started giving out zeros because the girls were landing on their knees and faces. (feet not hitting first)

I am so sorry. Just bad luck her hands slipped, I know her vault is incredible!! She will get there. She has made huge jumps in a short time.:) We saw a girl who kept slipping at a level 9 session...the coaches practically bathed her hands in the chalk. It seemed to help, but man those warmups were scary to watch. Glad she is ok.

Oh, no. Poor girl, her hands slipped. I've been at level 8 meets where the judges started giving out zeros because the girls were landing on their knees and faces. (feet not hitting first)
That's because the vault is void if their feet do not touch the mat first. Its pretty common in level 8, due to them performing the flipping vault for the first time/season.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back