Parents wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute….

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Compulsory routines stay the same for 8 years (through 2021). If your child repeats a level, they will do exactly the same routines they did the previous year.
The gym can choose one of the other music options - same music, different instruments.

Lol! I had 2 daughters go through old level 4, two years in a row. Then old level 5, two years in a row.

I am really glad they are now in Optionals. At the first meet this year, my husband said, "Hey, this gymnastics stuff is way more interesting now that
All the girls are doing different things."

Well, once you kid makes it to optionals, you don't have to hear it at meets, but in the gym... yes. Sorry.

Ignorance is bliss.

Last cycle they did give the option of new music after 4 years, same routines, but switched up the music. If I remember correctly for the first year of the switchover you could use old or new and then it all switched to new music. I do not know if that will happen 1/2 way through this time though.

Last cycle they did give the option of new music after 4 years, same routines, but switched up the music. If I remember correctly for the first year of the switchover you could use old or new and then it all switched to new music. I do not know if that will happen 1/2 way through this time though.
There were actually teams in the old cycle that used the old music the whole time - never switched to the new music. This time around, they gave 3 options for each level, so they are less likely to make new music half way in... they can say that you can choose one of the others if you get bored, lol. Of course, it would be nice if they did offer something not as annoying!

Lol! I had 2 daughters go through old level 4, two years in a row. Then old level 5, two years in a row.

I am really glad they are now in Optionals. At the first meet this year, my husband said, "Hey, this gymnastics stuff is way more interesting now that
All the girls are doing different things."
OG was a L4 for 2 years. She moved up to L5 the next year. The year after that, YG was a L4 and she has done 2 years at Old L4 and one at new L3. This year, OG did Xcel Gold and she will be in Platinum next year. Kind of hoping YG goes to Gold, but that would make her sister mad... so, I also kind of hope she competes L4... or stays L3 for one more year before going to Gold. I am at all sessions anyways for Statistics purposes :)

I actually have not heard the compulsory music for all the levels all the way through this year...at our gym the girls go to the other side (separate gym area) to do their floor routines, and when I pick up my dd from practice it is only the optional team at that time practicing. I do remember all of us celebrating at L6 states that we were forever done with compulsory meets....and then the very first meet of the next season was a combined L6/L7 session.

Well, once you kid makes it to optionals, you don't have to hear it at meets, but in the gym... yes. Sorry.

Ignorance is bliss.

except at the optional level and at an invitational where you hear your own teams music play about 47589709887564 times. it never ends...

except at the optional level and at an invitational where you hear your own teams music play about 47589709887564 times. it never ends...
That is why OG has an original cut of music :) So far, we haven't heard anything like it at any of our meets. The big test will be YMCA Nationals... of course, she had the same music, only 15 seconds longer last year (debuted it at Nationals) and we didn't hear anyone else with it.

My oldest did 5 years of compulsories. My youngest just started compulsories. I was excited that everything was switching up because it would be different for me this time around. Except it is just as bad as it ever was! Can't wait for optionals!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back