Parents wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute….

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LIGGYMMOM that's so funny. I can still remember the old Class 3 bar routine (or was it Class 4)

Pullover, shoot through, mill circle, catch the high bar....yes back when the bars had to be reset for every gymnast ha ha

LIGGYMMOM that's so funny. I can still remember the old Class 3 bar routine (or was it Class 4)

Pullover, shoot through, mill circle, catch the high bar....yes back when the bars had to be reset for every gymnast ha ha
Ah the mill circle re grasp. LOL! My girls looked at me like I had 2 heads when I told them "back in the day" bars were set close enough together to hang from the high bar and beat your hips against the low bar.

Ah the mill circle re grasp. LOL! My girls looked at me like I had 2 heads when I told them "back in the day" bars were set close enough together to hang from the high bar and beat your hips against the low bar.
Ha ha! Or pushing off the high bar when your feet are in a straddle on the low bar, reverse sole circle, regrasp, glide kip...I remember doing that about a thousand times! What were they thinking?

LMBO. so, i'm essentially going to hear the same music played in the gym and at meets for my child's entire gymnastics career since this is the first year of the 8 year cycle. maybe some things are better left unknown. curse you, chalk bucket!
My dd started the first year of the last 8-year cycle, and she has another year to go, so thus it begins again. I prefer the old music though, this new stuff is AWFUL!

Last cycle they did give the option of new music after 4 years, same routines, but switched up the music. If I remember correctly for the first year of the switchover you could use old or new and then it all switched to new music. I do not know if that will happen 1/2 way through this time though.

No, it was never required to switch, it was just an option (thank goodness, because the new choices were just terrible, depressing, make you want to scream!). I know because everyone was saying it would be required, so I sent an email to USA Gymnastics to ask "WHY????" and the reply stated emphatically that it was not required to switch. So we kept the old. It was such a relief to hear it at meets after teams played the new (horrid) stuff.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back