Parents We have a NEW Gym!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This is a parental brag of a different sort...

We are sooo excited. This week has brought lots of new things... Monday was Lil's first day of... Level 5 practice, the summer schedule and best of all... we are in our NEW gym!!!

Our gym has talked and worked towards moving into a larger facility for years and it is now a reality. We went from a 12,000 sq ft facility to a 50,000+ sq ft facility. It is HUGE and wonderful and exciting! :D It is so big, they are only using half of the space right now.:eek: The pre-school has always had their own area, but now the rec classes have their own equipment, the boys have there own area and there is a separate cheer floor. The tumble-trak is now in ground and they are working to complete the trench bar. It is so exciting for everyone. Our gym always looked like utter chaos with everyone trying to find room for all the classes and teams working at the same time sharing equipment. Now... it is fabulous with so much room to spread out. It is amazing how rejuvenated everyone is, gymnasts, coaches and parents. Now if only they can get the new AC installed...LOL - hopefully by next week.

Lil is finally learning her L5 routines and has actually vaulted over the table. I was scared about how that would go since vault has always been a challenge for her. And of course, she is adjusting to life in grips. With the new in-gound (and much longer) tumble trak they are getting to spend lots of time tumbling and Lil just loves that and is getting better and better. She leaves the gym very tired and sweaty but with a huge smile on her face. It is AWESOME!

Hope you all are doing well. Hello to all my SC buddies on CB.

The new gym sounds awesome. Our gym just moved to a new gym because the other one was too small and now there are so many girls they are looking at having to move again.

That is so awesome!!! :)
Our gym moved a couple of years ago and the girls LOVED using the new equipment. They are spoiled now and hate going to meets where the equipment is old.
Have fun enjoying the "newness". :)

What an amazing gym size, wow!! I can't even imagine. That is HUGE. Sounds like her gym is doing well and that is great.

I am sure she is going to do amazing at level 5. Can't wait to see her!!

CONGRATS on L5 AND a new gym! When our original gym moved to a new location we had to travel a little farther and building was a tad smaller but cleaner and newer. What it lacked for space on gym floor it made up in dance studio and parent waiting area & party room I suppose. They tried to start a cheer team there and we all hated the fact that it was so small and cheer team so LOUD our poor little ones were falling off the beam everytime they practiced their cheer routines, LOL

When we left former team, we ened up at huge facility. They had two full sized gyms because they have a very sucessful all star cheer program & boys team so there is plenty of room (and apparatus)for all. Having plenty of room for all groups is great, hope you have fun!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back