Parents Well, she made the developmental team.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

my4buffaloes

Proud Parent
My 6 year old will now be at the same gym as my 10 year old on the developmental team. While this might seem convenient it isn't going to be. It is a 25 minute drive each way and their schedules don't always overlap. Combine that with my 13 year old son really wanting to try gymnastics and I will be spending my summer at the gym. I am so happy for her, she is very excited and worked very hard getting ready for the tryouts. Constantly practicing her hand stand, begging me to help her with pullups, etc for the 2 weeks prior. I do wonder what we have gotten ourselves into, but gymnastics is so good for kids, I just can't tell them no.

Congratulations to your daughter! I completely understand the mis-matched schedules. My youngest will have morning practice and my oldest will have afternoon practice this summer. Gym is 30 min away in good traffic and I'm trying to work full time. I am so thankful I have a job that can be done remotely and that the gym has wireless!!!

Good for her!! I also have 2 at the same gym and they NEVER EVER start OR end at the same time. EVER! We make it work, though, actually we are just used to the running I think. Just added all-star cheer for my tiny DD at a gym that is "only" 15 minutes away from our gymnastics gym...but that 15 minutes adds up when you drive it twice a week on top of all the other driving.
Gym is good for kids though. It gives them such good foundations for all kinds of other sports and activities! (not that you need any more sports or activities, ha ha).

Congrats to her!! And when both my girls were at club gymnastics, their times rarely matched up too! It was a pain.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back