WAG What are considered the best regions in the USA?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

For J.O. Region 5 all the way baby!! Who won team Level 10 Nationals this year? Ouch! Ducking and weaving from all the blows! But they have been dominate for over twenty years and consistently turn out top Level 10's. Just sayin...

And it's this type of in your face behavior that makes other regions not like you....just saying...

And it's this type of in your face behavior that makes other regions not like you....just saying...

This comment makes me wonder if there is judgment placed on certain regions? Again, just curious :) Although, the comment made by gopuckgo did come off as a bit cavalier...IMHO

Region 5. Somewhere among the rest is Socal and Texas and maybe Norcal.

Chillax! It was a joke, did you read the whole post? OMG! " Ducking and weaving? " Don't take everything so seriously, have fun, laugh, enjoy life and joke often! But in all fairness Region 5 is one of the toughest regions in J.O. There are other great ones too, never said there wasn't Bookworm!

With the number of gymnasts in regions 1, 3, and 5, It would stand to reason that they would have have a higher percentage of the best gymnasts and be the most competitive. It is also sort of a chicken/egg scenario - good programs lure in good coaches which produce better gymnasts, which lure in better coaches...

I have lived in Region 1 and Region 4...different in ways...similar in others.

It seems like this thread is turning into the one from before about which regions "deserved" to have more of their gymnasts at JOs vs others...yes it's a fact that some regions are stronger than others and let's leave it at that....

Best - oh my! No comment.

I try to stay away from comparing athletes, programs, music genres and the like.:)

It is hard to be altruistic about my USA-G Region as I go into the gym most days. Take today for example, I am thinking about business, athletes, employees, facility and the pesky insurance company (this morning). I put all my effort into training my athletes, being a better person and coach at work. What allocated time for work remains is divided amongst learning and assisting from fellow coaches, mentor/mentee relationships, State Gymnastics issues/contributions and towards the end - Region thoughts.

Without reading this thread this morning, I may not have thought about my USA-G Region all day.

I like to watch action adventures and will keep an eye for this thread popping up.

Best, SBG -

I am unable to edit the above post - puzzling....:(

Edit wished to add:
I tip my hat to those who work on committees/boards on State/Region stuff. Truly hero and heroine work in my eyes. :)

There are two extremes people take notice of, and my region is quite notable for consistently anchoring one of those extremes............

At least we're consistent!

Well sorry Ladies (and gentlemen),

My region ALWAYS . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . .

competes for the bottom two. :-(

Don't mean to put my region down. I just happen to look at its standing the last few years and really was surprised at our regional team results. I love my region. As a whole we may not large groups scoring high. But we still have produced some great gymnasts.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back