WAG What are considered the best regions in the USA?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Don't mean to put my region down. I just happen to look at its standing the last few years and really was surprised at our regional team results. I love my region. As a whole we may not large groups scoring high. But we still have produced some great gymnasts.
We might be in the same region. :)

So interesting to me
Our region is the best, because according to past threads, it is waaaaay too easy for girls to make it to nationals!

Though this is starting to remind me of a joke: "So, Region 6 and Region 3 walked into a bar . . ."

New to regions, not sure I get the joke between regions 6 and 3 :/ Am I in the dark?

and for those of us who don't have a scooby what they are talking about

8-RegionsUS.gif

If you want to go purely by results, I think that over the past many years (10+), the top regions based on performance at L10 Nationals are Region 1, Region 3 and Region 5.

That certainly does not mean that there are not good gyms, good coaches and good gymnasts in other regions...there most definitely are. Chow's is in Region 4 and no one wouldn't say they are not a quality gym. Brestyn's is in Region 6 and they have 2 recent Olympians, Hill's and Parkettes in Region 7, so clearly these are great programs. For the national results, I think it's more based on volume -- California, Texas and the combo of MI/OH/IL provide a very high number of competitors and with that comes bigger gyms and places that high caliber coaches would gravitate to.

I don't think it takes anything away from anyone else to say that over this period of time, X Region(s) have produced the most champions....it's just statistics.

What I find interesting is Region 8 doesn't seem as strong as the others according to the recent posts yet they have the top NCAA teams. I have lived in both R8 & now in R7. Definitely harder in R7 but maybe it's just the states we lived in.

and for those of us who don't have a scooby what they are talking about

8-RegionsUS.gif

Ahhh .... useful map!

Our gym has only travelled to compete in region 8 invitationals so far, at least in recent years (not sure about before our time). Well, we did have a couple of elite males in the past who trained and competed in other parts of the U.S.

Oh. My. Glob. I just had the best idea ever. Beach gymnastics. Set up some equipment outside. Small bar in the corner with bronzed and oiled young hunks delivering Mai Tai's and pina coladas to us parents who stay to work on our tans.

*THAT* would totally be worth the cost of gymnastics.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back