WAG What are considered the best regions in the USA?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Oh. My. Glob. I just had the best idea ever. Beach gymnastics. Set up some equipment outside. Small bar in the corner with bronzed and oiled young hunks delivering Mai Tai's and pina coladas to us parents who stay to work on our tans.

*THAT* would totally be worth the cost of gymnastics.
Been done - dunno posted on another thread a few videos of him and his friends in his gym days doing beach gymnastics. As he didn't say which one was him, impossible to comment on the bronzed hunk aspect :)

Oh. My. Glob. I just had the best idea ever. Beach gymnastics. Set up some equipment outside. Small bar in the corner with bronzed and oiled young hunks delivering Mai Tai's and pina coladas to us parents who stay to work on our tans.

DD has done gymnastics on the beach for Olympic Day demonstrations, but sadly I somehow missed the hunks with the Mai Tais and Pina Coladas - alas, had to bring my own rum punch. :p

Great idea! We have a circus school on the beach here- flying trapeze and aerial silks- my girls love going there and practicing while watching the ocean!

One offs don't count. I want one wall of the gym to open to the beach so I can work on my tan and boogie boarding.

Plus the hunk with mai tai's.

I love the way you think. Especially after those of us up in the top of Region 4 had about the worst winter in our lives. Beach gymnastics sounds amazing. We dream all the time about a coffee bar built into our gym, along with workout equipment for the parents, but you've just come up with my dream gym. :)

I once visited the Fontainebleau Hilton in Miami beach - the pool had a bar in the middle of it, I could cope with that

Santa Monica Beach has some gymnastics equipment (rings, bars, I think a simulation of beam, rope); Muscle beach.

This is also where the circus school is. The playground on the beach is DDs favorite place in the world. She loves the ropes and bars. There are some pretty impressive athletes there. Just the other day we were there and there was a guy climbing the high ropes, upside and with only his arms. We were like whoa!

Eta: there is actually a place called muscle beach the next town over. They have weight lifting equipment at that one.

The sad truth is that when you live near the beach, you don't really go all that much. Unfortunately those pesky things like work, school, and yes, gymnastics training, get in the way! Haha

ooooh yes, but then I'h have zero excuse not to exercise!! and even if i was there the same 20hrs a week, my dds would still have a better 6 pack, im sure!! so, beach it is :)

When I looked at new gyms last year I had a dream that I found one that had a swimming pool and gym for the parents to work out while the kids were practicing. Sadly, when I went to visit gyms I didn't find this dream gym. :mad:

There's a camp in region 8 (want to say Wilmington, NC) that has beach activities...I could get on board with that.

No beach gym here (but competition next weekend is at a beach resort - hooray!) but our coach has suggested gym skiing - he wants to organise a week in the mountains with a gym nearby so that the boys can train for half a day and ski for half a day. However, this is just a fiendish plot to try to stop us annoying parents from booking ski holidays and taking the boys out of training!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back