WAG What are the requirements for a HOPES bar routine?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Curious what the requirements are for a HOPES bar routine age group 12-13.
I should know this since my DD will be doing HOPES this year, but I have no idea what her routine is (I've seen it but not quite sure what all the skills are called). I do know that she needed her blind change and front giants but that's about it.

In somewhat plain English the requirements are:

1 - two release moves
2 - front giant is the most common "different grip" element
3 - clear-hip, stalder or toe-hand
4 - blind change or pirouette
5 - B dismount, like double back or harder

For 2 release move - would that be a Pac Salto + something like a Tachachev. OR does that mean the Pac doesn't count and it's 2 of the things like Gienger, Tachachev, Jaeger, etc.

YIKES. why does bars seem so much harder than the beam routine?

For 2 release move - would that be a Pac Salto + something like a Tachachev. OR does that mean the Pac doesn't count and it's 2 of the things like Gienger, Tachachev, Jaeger, etc.

YIKES. why does bars seem so much harder than the beam routine?
Single bar release move not required. Could be a pak or bail and a toe Hecht.

In somewhat plain English the requirements are:

1 - two release moves
2 - front giant is the most common "different grip" element
3 - clear-hip, stalder or toe-hand
4 - blind change or pirouette
5 - B dismount, like double back or harder
I thought they dismounted tontheir backs on the mat?

That is the compulsory routine. This thread is about the optional routine requirements.
Right I figured that out after the fact, I guess in never saw that the original poster ever mention if she was asking about compulsory routine orvthe optional routine :)

Right I figured that out after the fact, I guess in never saw that the original poster ever mention if she was asking about compulsory routine orvthe optional routine :)
To me it was implied as the compulsory routines are scripted, optional routines have requirements and are then created fur each gymnast by their coach etc.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back