What does/has your gym done for a team holiday party?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am in charge of planning the Christmas/holiday party for our team. In the past, we have done a party at the gym with games, swimming at a rec center, roller skating etc..I want it to be fun for as many of the kids as possible since there is such an age range (1st grade all the way to high school). Now, I know that it is impossible to please everyone but I just wanted to know what has been a hit at your gym with the kids. What have they most enjoyed when it comes to a party like that? Thanks in advance!

We have 2 yankee swaps, one for the younger kids and one for the older ones. We play a lot of games, building houses out of foam, relay races, etc. It's a fun time! :p

we do secret snowmans, our coach splits it up by levels, and we choose a name out of a hat and then we get the person a gift then we have a party after practice one day and our coach hides our gifts and we have to find them. then we sleep over the gym after :) its tons of fun. each person brings eaither food or a beverage and then we feast! lol and then we do like games and play around on the equipment to a certain point. we have done it for years and we all love it!

At our holiday party each level performs a dance/skit as a group (always set to fun holiday tunes -- the coaches choreograph the dance with input from the gymnasts). We have a potluck dinner. Then we have a sock exchange by pulling names out of a hat (you can't pick someone at your level and the sheet includes favorite colors, characters and size). It's literally just socks that are exchanged, but the challenge is to find a fun pair (multi-color, fuzzy, with toes, etc.). It keeps down the expense, but encourages people to be creative. Gifts are given to the coaches as well from the team.

I like hearing the other ideas as well.

In the past we have also done swimming, followed by snacks outside. But usually we have an hour open gym, and then pizza and make your own ice cream sundaes, and sometimes we watch a movie after open gym, they got a projecter, everyone grabbed a mat layed out on the floor and watched the movie on the wall. But its hard to find a movie now since the program has expanded from 9- 16 year olds, to 6- 17 year olds.

Oh! Almost forgot... FOOD! We have so much junk food it's... awesome. :p

There's also salad, but... I get really into the brownies cookies and cupcakes.

Don't know what new gym does but old gym had the secret santa going for the month of Dec (bring small gift $1-$3) once a week then at the Team party a gift $10 - $15. The party isn't really much more than cake and ice cream at the end of a practice. But with that said there is a Gym Event for all the holidays open to everyone (team, rec, gen public) They usually have an Open gym type night with various refreshments, coloring contest, prizes etc. Over all its really just an enhanced open gym. Everyone has alot of fun. And even though we aren't with that gym we may still go back for these types of events as my DD loves them and it gives her a chance to see old team mates too.

Don't know what new gym does but old gym had the secret santa going for the month of Dec (bring small gift $1-$3) once a week then at the Team party a gift $10 - $15.

This is what our gym does too. They used to have a sleepover, but stopped that a few years back. The party is held at the gym after practice--I think they get pizza or something and open the gifts. Have open gym. Nothing huge.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back