Parents What does your gymnast do when the gym is closed for vacation?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We close for 1 week in the summer and during that week the girls can attend a sleep-away camp with the team and coaches, if they want. It is not required, so if you don't go, you have the week off. (About 50% of the girls go to the camp.)

Other than that, there are no big breaks - probably the biggest is maybe 3 days over Christmas (but I think we actually only close for 2 -- Xmas eve and Xmas day).

Our old gym closed from mid June to mid September every year, then a further three weeks off at xmas. Just imagine that. Then imagine how much pain they were in after a few months off gym trying to get back in to shape.

We tried to keep them busy, a few weeks of gym camp, swimming, biking etc. But it just is not the same.
Omg...I can't even begin to imagine it. For someone like my child, it would be reverting back to square 1....she would hate it. Ugh.

Wow, Bog, I never realized that about your gym! That is really nuts!

We have shutdown the last week of June. I'm planning some family hikes. It's only a successful hike for my family if 1) it lasts for at least five hours, 2) at least one member of the family is in tears at some point, 3) at least two family members engage in a pitched yelling battle with each other of a duration of more than one minute and thirty seconds, and 4) some item of clothing is torn, lost, or otherwise destroyed.

Wow, Bog, I never realized that about your gym! That is really nuts!

We have shutdown the last week of June. I'm planning some family hikes. It's only a successful hike for my family if 1) it lasts for at least five hours, 2) at least one member of the family is in tears at some point, 3) at least two family members engage in a pitched yelling battle with each other of a duration of more than one minute and thirty seconds, and 4) some item of clothing is torn, lost, or otherwise destroyed.

That sounds like ski days when my kids were younger.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back