WAG What new skills?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DD is level 3. We still have two weeks of comps, but as soon as that's done, she'll start working towards level 4. She already has most of the floor skills (ROBHSBHS, FHS, BWO), so the biggest are Cartwheel on beam, FHS vault, and of course Kip.

We are in the same boat. She has one last meet in 10 days.

She's got her floor skills, mostly her cartwheel on beam.

But I'm PRAYING she gets that darned kip soon!!!! As soon as they reallly get it, they are officially L4, and some of her friends have already moved up (who aren't doing the next meet).

My daughter will be second year novice next year. She will be working...
Vault - yurchenko layouts - she has started them now - they are hoping she will have for a meet late May
Bars - double layouts, blind change full (already started), toe up full (already started), pacs (already started), giengers (already started)
Floor - double pike (already started), and getting more consistent in her double backs
Beam - 3 series acro - BHS BHS BLO, 1 1/2 dismount (just can't seem to get this)

Its going to be a busy summer...

Oldest dd is working level 7 skill mostly giants, roundoff on beam, handspring fulls and half's on vault, switch split on beam

Youngest dd is working on her level 4 and 5 routines so she can score out in the fall, as well as working on her level 7 routines, she's only missing her giant to flyaway ( has her giants and her flyaway just can't connect yet) and her coach says she has to have a full on floor so she just needs that as well ( can do a half right now)

My gymnast did her 2nd year of 8 this year, so she has been uptraining all season already. She did come home yesterday and said she did a full L9 routine on beam with a FT. And, the day after state meet she was up in her room choreographing her new floor routine for next year. She does have this thing called regionals in a month though!

Very vew skills I know by name so you can try and decipher my guy observation.
Vault I know she works on tsuk and chenko. I suprisingly do know the difference between the two after about 10 minutes of DD explaining it to me.
Floor- A move where she is twisting in the air. I believe it's called a full?
Beam- A front flip with some weird flutter ballarina type feet thing. An ariel.
Bars-Not sure

I would have made a good softball coach...:(

DD is working on:

Beam - perfecting the cartwheel. Its sporadic right now, either beautiful or falling off.
Floor - she has a nice FHS and the ROBHS2 just needs a little cleaning
Vault - Did her first spotted FHS vault a couple of weeks ago and was grinning from ear to ear
Bars - the DREADED KIP which has been SOOOOOOO CLOOOOOOSE (DD's words) for months now.

For fun she just got her front tuck and the girls have been having fun doing round offs to layouts on the tumble track.

Other than that I don't know. These are the ones she talks about or have happened to see before pick up.

I'll chime in......almost everything DD is doing is a new skill. It's insane. In the last month:
Beam: bwo, fwo, and bhs.
Floor: FT and BT
Vault: okay, that the same, but leading to FHS
Bars: sole circle, cast HS, free hip, baby giants

Level 9 skills
Vault - revisiting yurchenko. competed tsuk
Bars-double back dismount got it this week in pit working bail drills
Beam-revisiting bhs bhs series. Will start working bhs back pike series. Backtucks have been doing for awhile working switchleap backtuck. Front full dismount and split full jump.

Floor- ro bhs 1 1/2 to front tuck
Ro bhs double fulls in pit and double backs in pit also.

Exciting stuff especially after the disappointment of not making regionals.

Just started with new coach and coming off of injury, but so far this is the plan (still getting to know one another) :)

Floor - polishing back lay 3/3, tucked or piked full-in, playing with double arabian
Beam - double/triple turns, back tuck 1/2, playing with onodi's, 2 1/2 twisting lay dismount, or perhaps double back
Vault - has an amazing front front that needs to be upgraded, also does yurchenko and tsuk style entries that can potentially be worked.
Bars - starting shaposh, polishing shootover to handstand, full pirouette, about 50% of the way to Tkatchev (beautiful in spotting belt), front giants on double set, toe on front for dismount.......

Should be an interesting year!

My dd is finishing up Level 4 now. She already has all of the Level 5 floor and beam skills and just needs to polish up on bars. She really wants to get her cast to handstand and series on beam. Younger dd (pre-team) wants her front hip circle and BHS with no spot.

Just started with new coach and coming off of injury, but so far this is the plan (still getting to know one another) :)

Floor - polishing back lay 3/3, tucked or piked full-in, playing with double arabian
Beam - double/triple turns, back tuck 1/2, playing with onodi's, 2 1/2 twisting lay dismount, or perhaps double back
Vault - has an amazing front front that needs to be upgraded, also does yurchenko and tsuk style entries that can potentially be worked.
Bars - starting shaposh, polishing shootover to handstand, full pirouette, about 50% of the way to Tkatchev (beautiful in spotting belt), front giants on double set, toe on front for dismount.......

Should be an interesting year!
These are all awesome skills! Are you the mom, or the coach? And what level is the girl? I'd say if she has a beautiful front front she should start training Produnovas! And Onodis are beautiful,but maybe Worleys in the future?

These are all awesome skills! Are you the mom, or the coach? And what level is the girl? I'd say if she has a beautiful front front she should start training Produnovas! And Onodis are beautiful,but maybe Worleys in the future?

Well, I meant a front handspring front tuck that could become a front handspring front pike, or perhaps a front handspring front tuck/pike 1/2, something along those lines.........I'm a mom......don't think a Produnova is in her future.

Beam -
BHS-BHS series
Change-leg quarter turn
Round-off straight back dismount
Tuck-back prep for BHS-BT
Bars -
Back giants (strap bar)
Normal giants (chalk bar in comps)
Straddle back ( my coach has started work on these already)
Floor -
1 1/2 twist
Double back
Finally competing shushanova
Vault -
Doing yurchenko with mat instead of pit
Getting handspring front ready for competition by June.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back