What's your opinion on this?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College club uses modified USAG level 9 rules, but many many gymnasts have much lower skill levels. They just compete with a lower start value. For example, I have seen gymnasts doing the new level 3 bar routine at college club meets. They don't score high, because that doesn't compare with a level 9 routine, but the idea is to allow as many people as possible to have fun competing gymnastics. The score is less an issue than having fun and improving. No big deal if you have a 5.0 start value with level 9 rules. Maybe next meet you will have a 5.2 SV!

^^^ Not necessarily but generally they'd have much higher SV.

You could compete a L1 routine but you don't have to. You can create your own routines.

Clubs generally try to generate revenue by working date nights at gyms, meets, sales, etc.

The only time it starts getting really expensive is trips to Nationals and gym time outside of club time at other gyms ( drop-in/monthly gymnastic fees ).

So SV isn't really that important? It's how well you do the skills?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using ChalkBucket mobile app

So SV isn't really that important? It's how well you do the skills?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using ChalkBucket mobile app

Well, both are important, but the attitude in NAIGC is that anyone should be able to participate. The gymnasts who win nationals are usually former level 9s or 10s, but lots of people will do much more basic routines and that is fine. They likely won't be in contention for medals. Instead, they will work to improve their own difficulty and scores and have fun staying active.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back