Coaches When owner won't let you discipline Rude Team kids (older girls)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Will the owner let you inform the parents that you are having issues? As a parent, I want to know if my dd is being rude to her coach. My dd's team has had some issues with this exact thing this year, and I know if most of the parents were told they would be swiftly taking action with their girls. I think sometimes coaches assume parents know, but really we have no idea- its not like our own kids are going to tell us they are being rude.

Why will the owners not allow you to discipline the gymnasts? This can be one a safety issue, you need to be able to discipline if nessesary.

These kids are old enough that you can talk to them about how disappointed you are or help them to understand the way they come across when they are rude.

there are generally less issue's with rudeness if the kids are kept very busy and active during training, of they feel they are experiencing success and if they are excited about what they are learning.

I will be blunt, you are spinning your wheels if the owner will not back you. Obviously this is the reason why they act like they do and will continue to do so. So my advice is to condition them hardcore, but spend 100 percent of your mental energy bringing up the next generation. (keep them apart)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back