Parents Where did that come from??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

curlymomof3

Proud Parent
So I decided to stop in for the last 30 minutes of practice to watch my Level 4 Dd practice. As I came in, she ran up to me and told me that she just did the level 6 floor routine and wanted me to watch her do it again. On Fridays she practices with the Level 5/6 group due to a schedule conflict and loves to imitate their moves on the floor routine. The coaches have never actually worked with her on the routine. Anyways, I was just expecting a few highlights, maybe some leaps or BHS in the right place. She ended up doing the entire routine correctly; even her coach was shocked when she actually landed her front tuck (but left out the back tuck because she has never trained that without a spot). Granted, it would only score about an 7.5/8 in a meet and needs lots of polishing but still very cool!!

These kids are sponges when it comes to routines, I think. My daughter was an L3 last year and taught herself the L5 and L6 floor routine just from listening to the USAG compulsory music with words.

Our gym hosted a meet that year and the girls all came with their parents to help set up the competition area. Once it was set up, boy did they have fun "testing" the equipment. My daughter wanted to show all of us how she could do the routines. I don't even remember which one she ended up doing because I was laughing so hard with the other parents (in a nice way).

Yes, she knew every single move and in the right order but man, she all over that floor going whatever direction she chose to go. It was hysterical!

I second the sponges. ;-) Since I work at the gym 6 days a week, my little one is there with me every day. I always laugh watching the higher levels run their floor routines, and my little one is off to the side, imitating every leap and jump, right along with them. It's crazy how much they can pick up. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back