which level to compete?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

hi so i have my first trampolining meet of 1010 on jan 9th(i think) and i have the option of performing 2 different routines one of which i have been practicing for about six months and can do almost perfectly the other higher level one ive only started doing last week.Also if i do the lower evel one i have better chan of winning as im a level 11 and will be competing with people from level 7 up(were in the uk and its out of 15 levels) but if i do the harder one it is people in level 11 up so ill be at the bottom. so what im trying to say is what level routine should i compete also this will be my first really important meet EVER?
thanks

it's not about winning. that day will come when that will be a priority.

for now, you do what you are trained to do. and certain risks must be undertaken in order to progress. competing against those ahead of you is a good thing.

listen to your coach. and if he/she is not about winning at a developmental level, i'm certain they will make the right decision about you.

but the thing is my coach says its up to me what i do as im mature enough to decide im gonna keep practicing both and see how it goes

Do you have other meets scheduled? If yes, you can compete your easier routine on the first meet to get the jitters out and then the harder one for the other meets.

but the thing is my coach says its up to me what i do as im mature enough to decide im gonna keep practicing both and see how it goes

the coach is presenting you with a test. what will you do? he/she believes you are mature enough to make this decision.

take the path of least resistance? easier routine.

take the path least traveled? more challenging routine.

hhmmm...what will you do?

well i did my routine many times today and i felt okay with it so im gonna keep practicing it and hopefull i will compete it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back