Parents Why does your child do gymnastics? (ask him/her!)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Lmao! Are you sure you didn't ask my child this question?

I ask her constantly if she likes it, and she continuously responds with "yes! Why do you keep asking me that?"

If she was a grown up, I would respond with "well, because it's an enormous time and financial commitment for the entire family, and I don't want to be that parent that pushes their kid to do something that isn't making them happy....if I pay for gymnastics until you're in college, I'll have no money left for the therapy you'll need for having an overbearing parent...:so I just need to know now, before everything snowballs"

Instead, I say "because you're just a kid, and I want to make sure that we are doing something that makes you happy, that's all.....oh, and I will ask again next week"
LMAO.....awesome.

I asked my daughter, here's what she had to say:

" because I like it, it's fun, so I can get strong, I like to learn to fly and do walkovers and handsprings, I like to feel like I am a wheel. I like to learn floor routines and get new floor music, metal bars are my favourite as I can nearly do a giant, it is really fun to swing high, kind of like a fun fair ride. I love doing conditioning especially pull ups, leg lifts and pull overs"

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back