Parents Year 2008 and 2009 gymnasts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Oh that's good. I was just reading through your posts and thinking that your child is a lot more grown up than ours (and significantly more advanced gymnastics-wise).

I've just set up a new social group for parents of kids born in either 2008 or 2009.
I'm thinking that both in terms of gymnastics and developmentally that these kids have more in common than just straight pre-team, which can include such a large range of ages.

This might give us some space to commiserate on bedtimes and their inability to get in and out of leotards effectively without annoying everyone else. Possibly also containing some potential insanity and dealing with it without annoying everyone else :)

Anyway, I thought it was worth a try, we'll see how it works out.

People who don't post on at least a semi-regular basis will be quietly removed from the group. No lurkers.
Great, thanks!!!

Reactions: COz
Oh that's good. I was just reading through your posts and thinking that your child is a lot more grown up than ours (and significantly more advanced gymnastics-wise).
Thanks you! She'll be 8 in February, so that age gap from '08/'09 is pretty big at this point. She's doing Xcel Gold this year and hoping to score out of 4/5 and start optionals in the fall. She's the kid who loves to try big skills, but definitely needs work on the form. So we'll see! Good luck with this group and send any '06/'07ers my way! :)

Could you please invite me too? Mine is summer '08 -- was recently invited to pre team (levels 1 and 2) from a rec class, and then promptly broke her arm on the playground at school. Would be nice to connect with others... Thanks

Thanks you! She'll be 8 in February, so that age gap from '08/'09 is pretty big at this point. She's doing Xcel Gold this year and hoping to score out of 4/5 and start optionals in the fall. She's the kid who loves to try big skills, but definitely needs work on the form. So we'll see! Good luck with this group and send any '06/'07ers my way! :)
Oh, I was thinking she was only '08! I'll tag you over on their thread so you can get an invite.

Edit: I didn't get enough sleep, you already set up the group!!

Oh, I was thinking she was only '08! I'll tag you over on their thread so you can get an invite.

Edit: I didn't get enough sleep, you already set up the group!!
Lol! I was going to bust on you!

This is a great idea. Someone should start a group for the parents of 12 year olds. I know i could use a sounding board to keep me from pulling out all my hair!!
I just started a 06/07 because of this one,
:eek::)

I'd gotten all the way over there to tag you... and then... :oops:
In my sleep deprived brain I was thinking you had two, I might have been confusing you with @Wendigowild with one of each.
totally get it....the holidays are exhausting on top of our already crazy life!

Just a reminder, please come and introduce yourselves in the new groups. People who don't actively participate will be quietly removed because I will have no idea who you are.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back