New-a mom of 2 gymnasts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi all! :)
I am the mom of 2 gymnasts. My youngest daughter just turned 6. She has been in the gym since birth. :) She is a level 2 gymnast-competeting 2 and training 3. She is a powerhouse on bars. I imagine she will be on vault next year. My other daughter has taken gymnastics since kindergarten. She is between a level 3 and 4 gymnast. She is competeting level 3 and training level 4. She is bautiful on floor and beam and bars look great. She is attempting to get her her handstand fall to the back. Almost there! Hubby and I attend all meets and are the team photographers. We are photographers on the side. :) So glad to be here. :)

Hi and welcome to CB. Lots of great people here, great advice, support and shoulders to 'cry' on when needed. People who actually 'get' what our kids love.

You should have your DH sign up too, there are quite a few dads here, I am sure they would love to have another join the fun.

My gymmie is 9 and just finished her L4 season. Her gym competes Prep Op in the spring so she is learning new routines - her first Rookie 2 meet is near the end of January. The plan is for her to do L5 in September, so we are hoping the Kip fairy will come around along with the handspring vault fairy !!

Thank you! :) I will tell hubby. :) He is kind of shy! LOL Congrats on DD for finishing level 4. :) My oldest is learning level 4. She has the bars down, all of the floor except the ROBHS(bends her arms and lacks confidence), has beam down except dismount(Can do it, confidence again),and the vault. She has a few key areas she is working on. Level 3 is boring to her as she did it last year, but her coach is making her improve on little things. Looks so much better. :)

Hello and welcome! Nice to have you here. :) My daughter is eight and getting ready to compete level 7. It's been a wild ride for us but fun, too, and DD absolutely loves gymnastics. How do you handle having two gymmies in the sport? I go crazy just trying to keep up with one. LOL

Shawn,
We are fortunate that the gym we are at is TINY! :) The whole team has around 12 girls on it. The majority are level one girls. El is the only level 2 girl. She works out with the older girls. Em is one of three level 3 girls and there is only one level 4 girl. So her main coach pulls this group of small girls plus one level 1 girl and works with them at each practice. Their coaches are very understanding about me having 2 girls. So they always group my daughters times together. That means El is always working out with Em and is uptraining a lot. El is the youngest in the dance class as well. :) The hardest thing we have hit is having to be at meets on 2 separate days-like a Friday and a Sunday and it is out of town. For the next 2 meets, the girls are the same day and yay at the same time for one of them. They love it though. :)

Welcome to CB! I have only one gymmie (thank goodness) and she has been in gym since 3 yrs old. Did rec classes then progressed thru Pre-team onto L4 at age 6. Competed 2 years of L4 (6/7) and is almost done with her 1st year of L5 (8). We have received lots of support & advice here, not sure I would've survived gymnastics without CB! I give you tons of credit..not sure I could sit thru two meet sessions or sessions on two seprate days, but you do what you gotta do. I have two boys as well and we sit thru multiple baseball games and games on every night of the week so I guess it's almost the same, LOL

WELCOME!

Blackie6,
I figure it is either gym or I could be sitting on a hot baseball field or soccer field. So as far as sports go, this one is a better one. :) I love it and have made lots of great friends. :)

Hi and welcome! My dd will turn 11 in about 3 weeks (she is sooo excited :D) and this is her 2nd year of gymnastics. She is competing Level A (comparable to Level 5) and loves it! She did the All-Star cheer thing from ages 6-9 and wanted to try something new. So, here we are in gymnastics. She also dabbles in ballet and just finished her first Nutcracker show performance. She loves being on stage and performing for an audience (the cheer training really helped with that!!). I am sure you find the Chalk Bucket to be a very imformative and supportive place!

Hello and welcome to CB. Everyone is great and very supportive.

I have a 10yr old L5 who is just starting her second year of competition. Her first meet is Friday. I can't wait.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back