WAG I Have Too Many Weird Questions...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We only have 3 high beams (one which is barely used) and one low beam and a bunch of fold out beams [emoji32][emoji51][emoji51]

We have 2 high beams, 1 low beam, 3 floor beams and a beam pad that can go on high beam or low beam or be used as a floor beam.

We used to only have 4 highbeams, but now we have 3 nice high beams, 2 platform beams, 4 low beans and 5 of the older beams mostly for rec. classes! never seen a gym with more than 17!

We have 3 high beams (if there is an international competition in the Netherlands we only have 2) one medium beam and 2 floor beams, one slightly higher than the other. We also have multiple road beams that can be attached to the beams

Dds gym has 11 beams. All high in different configurations.

2 only rec beams, 1 is janky and nobody uses it and five high beams.

Three set as “low” beams are high beams with mats stacked under them. One always has a highway on it. Goes down to two during comp season so one more high beam for routines. No actual low beams. They have floor beams and such but no permanent low beams.

This freaked my dd out a bit when we got here but now she loves it. She says it takes a lot of the fear out of things because there is no higher and higher, just less scaffolding. Took a week or so to shift her mental space and realize that there was no difference between a high beam with mats to the same height vs actually being low. Coach is very progressive and moves back and forth between the levels and breaks things down into small steps and achievable goals. Very methodical. My dd loves it. Best beam coach ever!

DD's gym has 4 high beams (one of which is set a little lower than the others), 3 low beams (each at a different height) and several floor beams and rec beams.

With the size of her training group, it is plenty.

Wow, I can only dream about 17 beams.... I think there are not a single gym in this country with more than 5 high beams. We have three high beams but one of them is form the 70's... So it can only be used for very basics. We have one low beam but its one end is crooked so only 3/4 of that beam can be used. And we have one soft wider low beam that needs a new cover because it's full of holes.

Wow, that's a lot of beams. DDs gym has 3 floor beams, 3 beams usually set to medium (but adjustable to high) with a pit, and 4 high beams with regular landing surface.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back