Parents 20 more days....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gothgymmom

Proud Parent
....and my DD will be gone for the 1st time to IGC for a whole week! Im getting nervous! This will be the first time shes ever been away from me by herself (not without family) for that long. I think shes excited cuz she will get to meet Nastia, but I also think that deep down she is scared about being by herself.

Also, she is still upset and sad because the 6th of May we had found out that I was pregnant, but also that same day we found out, I had a miscarriage. DD took it pretty hard. She still comes over to rub my belly and then gets a sad look in her face and walks away. Im hoping that she doesnt think about it at all while shes at camp, and enjoys herself.

How many parents here have their kids going to camp for the first time this summer?
For those of you that have sent their children before, what did you do the first time your child went to camp?

Sorry about the baby. :(

My DD is going to the gymnastics camp for the first time, and it will be her first sleep away camp! Ours is not until the end of July though. She can't wait!

My dd went to sleep away camp last summer for 2 weeks at age 8, she loved week one, but it was a nature camp and it rained all of week 2... She didn't even seem to mind it, but my mom had to keep me from going and getting her... I missed her...

This year she is doing 1 week of church sleep away camp, but she is going with other kids from our church... It should be fun, but again it will be more about me missing her...

Good luck we are saving for IGC for next summer, if our gym permits it....

She will have the time of her life

why would your gym have to permit it? im just curious.
Our old gym in Florida, would not let their team gymnasts to to outside camps or be trained by other coaches...
So now I am always conscious of checking with our gym before doing things... So gyms put limits on things their competitive gymnasts can do, like play other sports..

Ahhh. I see. Thankfully my gym doesnt have that...One of the older girls went to IGC last year, and nothing was said then..

I'm so sorry about the miscarriage! I hope you get a sticky bean soon, if that is your wish!

The week apart will be hard for sure!!! But, in the end I'm sure you'll both be glad she did it.

DD got home from tops camp a couple of weeks ago. It was hard for me and her dad, especially since she didn't have much time for us. Easier said than done, but relax. (DD will go back to camp in Aug. And I will be a basket case again!)

Sorry about that sad news.....

DS will be going for the first time too.
We can't wait though!!!! He is at the very pleasant age of 13!!!! He can't wait and the whole family is excited!
In all seriousness, I told him I would really miss him terribly, but he needs to go and be without us for a bit. It will do him good cuz he is SUCH a baby. I love the NO Electronics too.
DD is going to come to check it out for next year. She is 9 but said NO WAY would she go away for a week. We don't do sleepovers either so it's a big decision for our kids....
Above all, it will be loads of fun! Good luck to your gymmie!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back