Advice about changing gyms..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have been going to my gym for 1 year now. I love SOME of my coaches. This year I wanted to go to National Team trials, but the gym owners refuse to take 1 person. There is a gym about 10 minutes away that has a national team member and goes to large competitions. We had 1 large meet scheduled, but the owners turned it in 3 days before deadline, so obviously we got declined. The thing is, is that I have only been in tumbling for one year and they coached me to be a National Champion. I am one of the highest levels on my team, and I have no push anymore. They aren't really allowing me to do any new skills to keep me going. I went to an open gym recently at the other gym, and I loved the coaches and all of the other people on teams were really nice. I really enjoyed it. I just don't want to be that "trader", because thats what I'm afraid of..:confused:

Not sure what you should do, if you really want to make the national team and do big events then i would say move if that is the only deciding factor. I think that you should voice your concerns to your coaches first about not training harder skills and big competitions. I would suggest talking to the other gym about potentially making the switch. And i think the word you want is Traitor not Trader unless you are really trading something for something else

haha thanks:) I am really wanting to do the national team and all that.. and a lot of people from my gym have left to go to the other gym. I really like bboth gyms but it seems like the new gym has more to offer..

yes. i am training level 4/5 gymnastics though. my current gym owner says i'm too old for gymnastics (13).. it's not that i really want to be an "olympian", but i want to have the experience. the new gym would allow me to be both on gym and tumbling team.

Ok it sounds to me you want to make the switch so why not give it a go whats the worst that could happen? you hate it and move back to the original gym? At least you have a wider range of experience

I think from what you've posted here you'll need to switch if you want to have the experience you want. I don't think you're too old, particularly for tumbling, if you've already learned that much. Try out a real practice at the new gym and then make your decision.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News