Parents another CGM!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Perhaps one of the parents should mint a bunch of t-shirts, pass them out to everyone, and hope this woman "get's it" when everytime she walks into the gym she encounters an adult with a t-shirt festooned with the food pyramid and the words "A diet you can live with" circled around the pyramid.

Icertainlt hope this woman never goes missing, as it's unlikely anyone will be aware of her plight...... even when her picture with the caption "have you seen me" shows up on "fat free" food packaging through out every food market in the land.

I bet if we just printed up glittery "PROUD GYM MOM" shirts in scarlet sparkles, the CGM's would wear them and then we would all know the secret code.

This is really, really sad to hear and I just hope for this child's sake that she ends up not being very good at the sport so that the mother will give up.

Well the mom definitely wouldn't be a "poster mom" for a fat free diet.(Trying not to be to rude) but the mom is small when looking @ height but rather healthier/ hefty when it comes to the overall size. & her & her younger DD constantly walk in w/ fast food for them while watching the older DD work out. So when she said "low fat diet" for the older DD I was taken aback! But like I said she is CRAZY!

Wow....that is an interesting dynamic. Fast food for one and starving the other. Strange...and sad (for both girls). :(

Well the mom definitely wouldn't be a "poster mom" for a fat free diet.(Trying not to be to rude) but the mom is small when looking @ height but rather healthier/ hefty when it comes to the overall size.

That's gotta be the first time I've ever heard of a person being, hmmm, dare I say "over healthy."

I bet if we just printed up glittery "PROUD GYM MOM" shirts in scarlet sparkles, the CGM's would wear them and then we would all know the secret code.

Maybe a line of shirts that say, "Future Elite Mom" or "Olympics 2024" or "My child is a future Olympian." Only CGMs would wear those, I think.

That's gotta be the first time I've ever heard of a person being, hmmm, dare I say "over healthy."
I know (trying to not be rude here). But I have heard the term "healthy" used for someone who is "bigger boned". Not saying that fast food is healthy at all! Just tying to be polite when describing this person. But maybe bigger bones would be the correct term. Everyone uses different terminology

Ok..get this. There is actually a little gymnast with a huge attitude that wears a leo that I'm assuming her parents got for her that has the Olympic Rings along with the date 2020 on it. I understand having dreams and goals but really??????

At the beginning of the year our gym put on two great presentations: a nutritionist came in to talk to all gymmies over 9, then a second presentation for parents. It talked about things like the four food groups,what are great snacks to send with your kids (yogurt, nuts, cheese, fruit, veggies). Good fats and bad..... How many calories were in a DQ ice cream treat vs. say a frozen yogurt, etc. how little bodies burn energy.

Everyone loved it. It was geared to gymnasts and age appropriate. Perhaps it should be a req'd class for all gym parents.

That's a great idea!!! You also bring up a GREAT point with this. Children, especially young ones do not need to diet. Eat healthy snacks, eat proper portions during your meals and that should be fine. But that class sounds great.

I think a class for kids and one for parents would be great! I'd love for our gym to have that. Sometimes you hear so much conflicting information on nutrition, it would be nice to hear a talk geared towards gymnasts.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back