WAG Beam Level Torso requirement

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Dora Cola

Proud Parent
Does your torso have have to touch the beam in level 9/10? See many girl not doing this but coach said it's required. Confused.

What is the deduction is if they are missing it? :) Oh, and any idea how a kid might gently suggest to to an input-challenged coach that they add it in?

It's an up to 0.10 deduction. A good percentage of girls will do their "down on beam" part right after their mount. A simple sitting pose right after the mount would satisfy it.

In was told hat it has to be part of a move now, they can't just do the sit down get up thing. But also that sitting on the beam in some way, like straddled or otherwise counts, because the bottom counts as torso. Like I think they used to lay down on the beam but they now don't have to go that far down.

And I was told by someone not a coach so there is my disclaimer, lol.

:)

What is the deduction is if they are missing it? :) Oh, and any idea how a kid might gently suggest to to an input-challenged coach that they add it in?

really? i'm a guy coach and i know that they have to go down on the beam. well, plus i listen to my wife say this all the time. just tell them. it's a tenth.

well it turns out that i'm the dummy, she does have a "fancy sitting move" that fulfiills the requirement. i just thought that since none of our girls lay down on the beam, they were all missing it!

well it turns out that i'm the dummy, she does have a "fancy sitting move" that fulfiills the requirement. i just thought that since none of our girls lay down on the beam, they were all missing it!
Well, this is often why we come to chalk bucket. So we can work out our confusion. Glad the part is not missing from her routine.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back