Parents can I ask the coach?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

trampolinemom

Proud Parent
DS will be competing at a series of meets starting march. However it is still undecided (at least I don't know) which level he will compete. Thing is he will either compete at regional or national meets depending on the level that is chosen. It begins to get a bit hard for our family to keep all options open. National and regional meets are all at different weekends and other appointments can not be made as long as we don't know what it will be.

He is working on routines for the upper level of the two but not sure if that will mean he will be competing that level. Beginning of december one of his coaches told me he could move up but they were not totally sure if he would due to his (young) age. I don't mind at all which one of the two it will be. Both have their advantages and disadvantages, but can I ask if they know allready without being too pushy?

I would send the coach an e-mail, stating that you are trying to get your family's calendar set and want to black the weekends when your ds may compete. Then ask which level they are planning for him to compete, so you can properly set your schedule.

T&T tends to be so much more informal here that, yes, I would just ask the coach. I've never hesitated to have a conversation before or after practice with one of my YDDs head coaches about stuff like this. I'm not sure how your program is run, but if coaches are generally approachable I would think this is a totally legitimate question.

Our coach would tell us to keep both weekends open. Our girls are in the same place, the cusp of one level vs the other. 8 weeks out they won't commit. So it's just keep the weekends open.

Coach said to tell us this week. So I'll keep you posted.
Our coach would tell us to keep both weekends open. Our girls are in the same place, the cusp of one level vs the other. 8 weeks out they won't commit. So it's just keep the weekends open.

In my case it is not about just two weekends. they are both different series of 3 events. So 6 weekends total but just 3 of those to actually attend. But I understand it is a process to make a decision and the longer they wait the better fit the decision will be. I have to be patient one more week.

And ... drumroll.. B level (the upper, national level of the two) it will be. This means he will have to compete against boys of 13 years old, since his age group in this level is too small they will usually be grouped together with the next age group. And also in this level the time of flight will count. So it will be pretty tough for him at 9 years old but he is so excited.

DS will be competing at a series of meets starting march. However it is still undecided (at least I don't know) which level he will compete. Thing is he will either compete at regional or national meets depending on the level that is chosen. It begins to get a bit hard for our family to keep all options open. National and regional meets are all at different weekends and other appointments can not be made as long as we don't know what it will be.

He is working on routines for the upper level of the two but not sure if that will mean he will be competing that level. Beginning of december one of his coaches told me he could move up but they were not totally sure if he would due to his (young) age. I don't mind at all which one of the two it will be. Both have their advantages and disadvantages, but can I ask if they know allready without being too pushy?

wait and ask at the end of February. sometimes these things are decided on right up to the 11th hour. no way to predict development of skills.

wait and ask at the end of February. sometimes these things are decided on right up to the 11th hour. no way to predict development of skills.

Thanks dunno, I'll try and be more patient next time. This time I have already asked and also got the answer two days ago. He will be competing the upper national level of the two. His skills went through the roof the last few weeks (his new trampoline routine now has three double somersaults and a 7.8 tariff) and there was just no way of holding him back (in C level he can only compete a 4,5 tariff). So his coach decided B level it will be. That means tough competition but also very exciting times for him.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back