Coaches Coach Turnover?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What kind of coach turnover does your gym have? It seems there are very few career coaches. In my experience, most coaches do it as a part-time job in college or between college and career.

We are a small gym that typically has had either one or two coaches coaching our girls team. Whenever one of the coaches moves on to another career, city, or what have you, the gymnasts (their parents really) are devastated and 50% or so quit. Then it takes 2 - 3 years to build the program up again and before long we lose a different coach and it starts all over. I don't think we have a large enough gym to support more than two team coaches or I would hire more so that when one leaves there are still other coaches that the gymnasts know. Also, I don't have enough available class hours to give coaches full-time employment so that they don't feel the need to pursue another career.

Do you find that there is a high turnover rate for your team coaches? Does this create problems in your gym? If so, how do you combat the issue?

Thank you!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back