WAG Didn't make new team - Need gym advice - Boston

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I don't know your area bit keep looking. There is a program out there for everyone you just need to check them out.

10 is not too old for Level 5 well now it's called Level 4'same skills. Best of luck to you.

I know the gym you are referring to ...and don't take it personally, they're not very nice, even to their own gymnasts at times...I'm surprised that they didn't take your daughter on for their Prep Op or level 5 team because I've never known them to turn away tuition money...they've had a waiting list in the past and there was a FEE to be on that!!

I know the gym too, went there when I was a lot younger and they are the reason I quit gymnastics for a few years...The coaching style was way too intense for me. 10 years old is not too old at all for level 5! I know that there are definitely a few good gyms in the area, I wish you the best of luck finding a better fit for you.

Sorry to hear about her bad experience there, it may be a blessing in disguise! Hear lots of stories like that.....We are in MA, and my daughter goes to a small but competitive gym, with optionals up to Level 10. She competed Level 5 last year and her group moving forward to Level 6/now called 5 ranges in age from 8-10. We are near the 495/Rt 2 intersection, if this is near you I would be happy to give you more details. Otherwise the gyms already mentioned all have good reputations.

Check out massusag.com for a list of gyms. I know that area, my daughter goes to a gym on the northshore. There is also gym and more in woburn, northshore wildcats in Beverly, and yellow jackets in middleton. Legends in north andover is good too. Dont worry about that gym, its their loss, not yours... there are other great quality gyms to attend that are not as strict or harsh. Good luck..

Sent from my LG-P769 using ChalkBucket mobile app

My friend started gymnastics at 10yo and competed for Michigan. So my guess is she did some compulsory level at age 10.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back