First Level 7 meet next weekend!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymfan4ever95

Coach
Gymnast
My first level 7 meet is coming up on February 6th. I am really nervous because I am not ready yet! I don't have a dismount on bars yet, I won't let go for the flyaway if I connect it to my giants, so I am still not sure what i will do for that yet. And I won't do my giants if my coach isn't standing on mats beside me and she usually has to help me a little! Bars will definatly be my nemisis (sp?)! My coach said that I will be lucky to get a 5 or a 6 on bars, and that whatever happens she is very proud of me.

The only event I feel like I am prepared for is beam. I haven't done vault in 3 weeks! So I am not exactly sure how that will end up goind :/. On floor I am having issue's with throwing my tumbling passes, but hopefully when the pressure is on I will be able to do it! Wish me luck...I am definatly going to need it!

My first level 7 meet is coming up on February 6th. I am really nervous because I am not ready yet! I don't have a dismount on bars yet, I won't let go for the flyaway if I connect it to my giants, so I am still not sure what i will do for that yet. And I won't do my giants if my coach isn't standing on mats beside me and she usually has to help me a little! Bars will definatly be my nemisis (sp?)! My coach said that I will be lucky to get a 5 or a 6 on bars, and that whatever happens she is very proud of me.

The only event I feel like I am prepared for is beam. I haven't done vault in 3 weeks! So I am not exactly sure how that will end up goind :/. On floor I am having issue's with throwing my tumbling passes, but hopefully when the pressure is on I will be able to do it! Wish me luck...I am definatly going to need it!

Just try to calm down and adjust your routines so that you'll be somewhat confident with them. Do you reckon you could do a kip - cast -flyaway after your giants instead of connecting them directly? That should work for a start.
Though, what does your coach say about your giants? are you basically doing them on your own, does she believe you can make them? If so, go for it. If not, do another clear hip and don't pressure yourself too much as that often makes you mess up the rest, too.
I have often tried to rely on adrenalin to go for skills I'm normally scared of, and unless you know deep down inside that you can do it. If you believe it, then fine. If you doubt it, then don't push yourself.

good luck its nice to hear you are going to compete in your first meet. bars has been my struggle event too. try adjusting routine maybe for this meeet intil you get your flyaway just like grizzoline said. also for you scores my chorch said i would get a 6 something on bars because i reaally cant cast. but gues what i got a 8.625!! just go out and do your best!!

Just try to calm down and adjust your routines so that you'll be somewhat confident with them. Do you reckon you could do a kip - cast -flyaway after your giants instead of connecting them directly? That should work for a start.
Though, what does your coach say about your giants? are you basically doing them on your own, does she believe you can make them? If so, go for it. If not, do another clear hip and don't pressure yourself too much as that often makes you mess up the rest, too.
I have often tried to rely on adrenalin to go for skills I'm normally scared of, and unless you know deep down inside that you can do it. If you believe it, then fine. If you doubt it, then don't push yourself.

I know that if I do them by myself, I will be fine. I just might not make all of them. My coach said that I kick my toes to early and then i "belly out" at the top. I need to keep kicking the whole time. Some that I do are good and they are by myself, and others not so much. But I know what to do if I don't make it, so I just need the confidence, i guess.

You know, I'm sure you'll do fine. I bet you'll even do better on bars than you think you can. Lots of times I find when getting ready for a big competition of any kind is that i'm more nervous about being nervous than I am about the competition itself. So just try your best, and look forward to how high your scores will be as you get better!

Good luck at the meet. I am sure you will do just fine! Have confidence in yourself! Use visualization - see and feel yourself doing the flyaway.

You can do it!

I got my giants on Monday! My coach was on the other side of the gym, and I wanted to surprise her so she would be REALLy proud of me, and I just did them! I did two and didn't fall! I am so excited about that! But still no flyaway :/ My coach said she will buy me a new leotard at the meet if I get it and compete it...but I am just so scared!

i know how u feel. trust me! i get mental blocks on some events. like beam i dont do mt backwalkover seiies or backhand spring in practice, but in the meet i doo it just fine. same on floor i wond do my round off hand spring backtuck or layout but in the meet i do it just fine. i think it is from the preasure but wat ever it is it make me do it. i scream in my head i can do it and just count to 3 and do it. wat ever u do dont give your self time to think about it! just count to 3 ONCE and GO!! Trust your self. i have hurt my ankle and cant compeet in my home meet on the 21st ! best wishes, and after write wat happend at the meet!

:bars:

I got my giants on Monday! My coach was on the other side of the gym, and I wanted to surprise her so she would be REALLy proud of me, and I just did them! I did two and didn't fall! I am so excited about that! But still no flyaway :/ My coach said she will buy me a new leotard at the meet if I get it and compete it...but I am just so scared!

Good job gymfan!! I'm happy for ya. Now go flyyyyyawayyyyy so you can get that leo :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back