fly-aways:worried:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

since we are competing in a week my bars coach said we have to show him a routine by monday.i am okay with most of the routine , the only thing i am scared about is the flyaway.i have done it by myself with my coach standing there,but never without my coach standing there. is there anything i can do to get over my fear?:worried:
:worried:

thank:worried:

Does your coach have to not stand there? When I competed level 6 (it sounds like that's your level?) my coach always stood there for the flyaway for all the girls from my gym. After my season I was really comfortable with flyaways and it was easy to go completely by myself. And it's only a deduction if he touches you. :)

If he wants you to go completely by yourself just remember that it's no different than what you've been doing, and he can probably spot you on some in warm-ups to build your confidence up. Hope this helps!!! :)

i was completely scared too of flyaways when i was in level 6, in competitions my coach would just stand there but not touch me if she thought i didn't need spot. i believe you don't get a deduction if they just stand by you. now i got over my fear, what really helped me is to think of letting go when i see my toes in my swing

Your coach is allowed to stand their at a meet, just not touch you. I've had them stand there at meets all the time, half the time they want to.

i would have your coach stand there during practice a lot one day and then you won't be as scared.

At my gym there are 2 girls that can't do a flyaway so they do different dismounts. Once you get out of level 6 and into optionals you can learn a different dismount, for example a front flyaway (which one girl does) or a toe on front (which the other does).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back