Funny Things People who don't do gym have said?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

i squished my vital organs lol. i think theyre doing ok. just a little shaken.
3B2D29
"

:D she tried.

Haha :D (Ten characters)

One day me and my friend were compairing our hand sizes. lol..idk why.. but anyways i have really small hands so she says ...WOW! how can you even hold onto those polls at gymnastics? I just looked at her and was like polls? you mean Bars? hahaha

I should mention the mares vs donkeys thing and the roses vs stinkweeds, but thats from another thread (the thing with the DOPEY wrestlers). But lol, this thread is so great and it is refreshing too, thanks!

a couple of weeks ago, i was helping out at a gymnastics festival with my non gymnast friend. we were doing a warm up with the 9yr olds and i got them to touch their toes while stood in straddle.

My friend said,' they won't be able to that! i can't even do it!'

i didn't say anything but i was thinking' they are gymnasts, they are flexible and you are not a gymnast and you are not flexible! why won't they be able to do things you can't!

OMG--I'm cracking up reading all this!!

My 9 yr old dd was in PE class in school and they were playing volleyball and this one boy said to her, "You can do a back handspring but you can't hit a volleyball????" Little does he know my dd has no hand-eye coordination WHATSOEVER!!! She is horrible at ball sports and runs away from the ball screaming!!!
it seems gymnasts can flip on a four inch beam and stick it , but we have no hand-eye or hand- foot coordination outside of the gym. i can hardly kick a soccerball, and i am scared of balls flying at me:p
and heres what non-gymnasts have said to me: in elementary school, according to everyone, i was going to the olympics
im amazing cause i can climb up a rope. this was in gym and i was using my feet. i was always tempted to sit on the floor and go up as far as i could in a pike. also my gym teacher would tell me to take a break and i would say ok but i thought it was funny cuase i could do three ropeclimbs w/o my feet.
when we do the fitness stuf and i do a bunch of pushups everyones like wow and im like what?

it seems gymnasts can flip on a four inch beam and stick it , but we have no hand-eye or hand- foot coordination outside of the gym. i can hardly kick a soccerball, and i am scared of balls flying at me:p
and heres what non-gymnasts have said to me: in elementary school, according to everyone, i was going to the olympics
im amazing cause i can climb up a rope. this was in gym and i was using my feet. i was always tempted to sit on the floor and go up as far as i could in a pike. also my gym teacher would tell me to take a break and i would say ok but i thought it was funny cuase i could do three ropeclimbs w/o my feet.
when we do the fitness stuf and i do a bunch of pushups everyones like wow and im like what?

hehe. I'm not too bad with ball sports, but im far from good.
Some of my friends still reccon im going to the olympics, and i'm in high school (grade 8 for all you non-aussies) and I just say...not likely unless i'm 21

it was 1987. was already pretty accomplished with our boys and girls team. and had a couple on the national team.

we went back east to visit relatives i had not seen in a long time. and my grandparents are now deceased.

we were sitting in their home having coffee and crumb cake. several of our relatives were sitting around the table catching up. my wife and i were explaining what exactly it was that we did. when my grandfather posits a question.

"people pay you to teach cartwheels and rolling?"

we still laugh about it to this day.

These are so funny! I don't have any though :(

But.........I want to do this one:

Me: So I was at the bar and I finally got a giant ('got a giant' sounds kinda wierd but that was the only way I could make it work)!
Other person: You got a giant beer!

I'm hoping that will be a future convo.

When I was in fourth grade i was doodleing on my pecile bag and something i wrote was "if gymnastics were easy it would be called football". Well imediatly a boy who played football noticed and said " Ha!! Yea right!" so i replide back "Yea I'd definatly like to see a fat foot ball player throw a double back!!" and he went completly silent. it was a very funny moment for me and my other friend who did gymnastics

When I was at my dads house i had 4got 2 bring my leo and my mom went out of town. So we were going around looking for a cheep leo. So we went to a store and go to the lady "Do you have any leotards?" and she goes "You mean, like Formal where??" lol. We just left after that.

These are so funny! I don't have any though :(

But.........I want to do this one:

Me: So I was at the bar and I finally got a giant ('got a giant' sounds kinda wierd but that was the only way I could make it work)!
Other person: You got a giant beer!

I'm hoping that will be a future convo.

Haha, that is a good one!!

i was showing one of my mates my rips and he says, ' didn't you use any of that flour stuff?'

then one of my other mates told me to use sand, then i woundn't get so many rips.

they didn't seem to understand that i use CHALK, not flour or sand!

i was showing one of my mates my rips and he says, ' didn't you use any of that flour stuff?'

then one of my other mates told me to use sand, then i woundn't get so many rips.

they didn't seem to understand that i use CHALK, not flour or sand!

hahahaha! i guess it could look like flour... lol :)

When we were doing gymnastics in gym we were put into groups and each group went to a different station. Well, my group had to do I think a round-off, then a cartwheel, then a scale (this was all done on a mat). It was my turn and I did my round-off.
Boy: You did your round-off wrong.
I can almost do a RO BHS.....no I am NOT doing my round-off wrong.
Me: No I'm not.
Boy: Whatever...

I went to this farm place with my friend and they had a bounce house.
I was doing front and back handsprings and tucks. And I was doing horrible front layouts.
Another girl was like, "Watch out everybody" as if she was going to do something really cool, but she did a horrible cartwheel. Also while we were there one mom told a boy not to do any flips (cuz of me) and another told their son to get out right after I did a front tuck...gosh, I'm so bad

These are so funny! LOL.

One of my friends from church goes "so since you are a level 7/8 that means you are going to the 2012 olympics right?"

I was telling my friend that I just learned my double back tuck-- i usually say "flip" but since she thinks flip is a back handspring-- and she goes "so you learned to do two tuck jumps?"

there was this person in our youth group and she was telling our leader "reecee is a gymnast thats why she is so short" haha, i am only 4'7.

Or what about when people ask "so you swing on the parallel bars and stuff, right?" Not really .... Haha.

Whenever I tell someone I did gymnastics (because we are in Texas) it's always "Were you part of WOGA?!" Ummm...noooo

Or whenever my boyfriend introduces me to someone new he's always like "She was part of a cult. Yes, a cult! It was hidden by an innocent name...gymnastics!" Ah, yes, the evil cult of gymnastics. Whatever shall we do? :p

hahahaha my bf always mentions me doing gymnastics to his friends. they think rips are gross tho i just laugh. havent taken him to a meet... bit worried about that =]

Last edited:
People just don't know. Lol... Yesterday someone said "Gymnastics looks crazy!" I said "It is crazy." They blinked and said "You're a gymnast. Defend yourself!" Like I would ever say it's easy...

yea i no people are like gymnastics is stupid. il be like yes it is but not in the same context you were thinking of. just think of it how many sports do you know of where you land on your arms knees back and or butt, feel the pain and just get up and do it again.

Also this guy at my church was asking questions about this camp i was doing. he said do you have a problem being on a ladder 10+ feet up. my dad was like duh everyday shes in a handstand 10 feet off the ground. i dont think ladders are a problem.

My friend Madison won't look at my rips. She won't even SAY rip. So now, they are called "butterfly kisses".

"Ughh, my hands hurt so bad."
"Aww, Kayleigh, did you get another butterfly kiss?"

Don't ask. I don't know where it came from either. :p

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back