Getting back into it?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So I am currently on my high school gymnastics team and am learning that it may be cut next year. If it is going to be cut then if I can afford it I would like to get back into usag. I am just trying to figure out what level I could get into after not being in the loop for 6 years. When I quit I was prep-op novice going level 7 (yes it was going to be a weird jump) but I quit due to a fear of bars and a lot of stress. I then took up high school gymnastics and have gotten all of my skills back, and more, except for the bars. Here are my current skills
Vault: Handspring half, working on tsuk tuck
beam: backwalkovers, front aerial or side aerial half dismount, can get any leaps or jumps
floor: back layout half, working on full, front tuck ( i havent done much front tumbling for highschool) switch leap, pretty good jumps

and bars: kip and front/back hip circles is all i have which i know is not up to par with my other events

i know this was kind of long but i would really just like some opinions. I would also like to know if any one knows what skills are needed for level 9/10 for floor because i feel like i can get some of those for high school if we have it next year.

I appreciate any feedback, thanks

vault is:7/8
beam:6
Floor:6/7
bars:5
so i would say level 5 for now, until you can get those bars up. If you can get a clear hip and flyaway you will be a really solid level 6.

I agree with dunno. Prep op (or XCEL as it's called in many states now) is the best way to go. Depending on your state guidelines, you may be Gold. USAG just voted to put XCEL under the JO program, so there will be more national standards, I'm sure. Call your local clubs and see what they have to offer.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back