GK outlet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

tumblette360

Hey everyone,
So some of the team parents and gymnasts were thinking of taking a road trip to the GK outlet in PA. But, we have never been there before. Is it worth the drive and how big is it? Is it a small store or like racks after racks of leotards?
Also, what would the price range be? I have heard that they have major discounts, is it a trip worth going on?
thanks,

:)

I have gone a couple of times. It is about a 2 hour drive for me. There are racks and racks, all sorted by sizes. The leotards are about $10 off from the GK prices. They also sell irregulars at great prices, but you need to check them carefully. Some are obvious, others it is really hard to find what it wrong. It is definatley good if you are looking to pick up a couple of leos. Not really worth it for just one. They also have the shorts - they are less too. The sell tape rolls which are irregular (just means that somewhere on the roll, it ran out and there tape will start and stop - won't be continous, but is the same size) and pre-wrap.

Sometimes you can get really good prices, but harder to find in the more popular sizes. They have lots of long sleeve leos too, and warm-ups. Staff is friendly, but don't hover around and get let you walk around. I try to go whenever DD is growing out of one size, so I can look for bargain's the next size up!

I went last year after a drop off at IGC. I wouldn't drive more than a few hours to go, but they do have lots to choose from. EXCEPT in the large adult sizes and they are not really large. The girls at our gym who are 5'6' and 120 pounds wear AL and they really had few to choose from. In the AM - AS they had tons of choices, including the adidas suits. I saved at least $10 on each suit and I bought for other people at our gym as adidas gk suits are impossible to buy up here.

I found just emailing the guys with the item codes of suits I was interested in was way easier, they tell you what they have and th eprice, you pay them and they ship. Easy and they are very helpful.

I grew up not too far from there and went all the time. It's been 5 or so years since my last trip, so I imagine it's changed at least a little. Selection can be kind of hit or miss when you go. Sometimes they have a ton of choices in the styles you want, sometimes less. I didn't usually go looking for a particular style and with enough digging could find something I loved.
When I went I didn't usually look for the leos in the catalogues. I just went looking for pretty and unique leos and got some awesome deals. My mom would not pay over $30 for a leo usually, and usually not even close to that much. But I pretty much always found some fun stuff in the $15-$25 range.
But, leos as a whole have gotten much more expensive in the last few years, so not sure that the really awesome deals are still there. And if you're looking for the Adidas leos or Nastia/Shawn styles, you will pay more. So you just need to decide if it's worth it.
Considering the deals you can get from some leo companies online these days and that you can order from the GK outlet online as Bog suggested, I'm not sure I would drive more than a few hours.
The area it is in is not very nice place to visit either, so if you're okay with making the trip just for leos and then turning straight back it's fine. But if you want to do something else while there, the immediate area doesn't offer a whole lot.

Oh Coach Molly you are so right about the area being not worth it! I was amazed at the location, but that would make the space cheap to mantain. The only remarkable thing about Readinf was some of it's European inspired buildings. We are back to IGC this year and we'll be giving the outlet a miss. The deals are just as good by phone or email.

Down East/GK Outlet Home Page

To order just email or call them. You can get the item codes and colours from the gkelite website, when you contact them with the details of the suits/sizes you want they will tell you if they have it and the cost. Of course it is better to order a number of suits as you have to pay shipping.

I live about 20 minutes from the outlet and have only been there once! We are blessed with hand-me-down leos because both of my daughters are the youngest and smallest on their teams. Most of my daughters teammates do buy leos there and find great deals, and the one time we went I was satisfied with selection and prices. I am not crazy about the area either which is another reason we only went once, but it is good to know you can order over the phone and still save some money.

I have never been, but have dealt with them a few times through email, and have ordered from them. They are very prompt, very pleasant to deal with, and they will make the size you need if they don't have it in stock!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back