Hey.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey people, just wanted to post an intro. I'm 15 years old and am recently getting back into gymnastics (hopefully). I used to do gymnastics and stuff when I was little, around eight years old. Then I just stopped (STUPID ME).

I got into parkour and freerunning which lead me to teaching myself fulls, gainers, and tricks on grass and stuff. I then took tumbling classes which were lame because the place I took them was basically paying class fees for open gym. I'm just getting back into gymnastics and I want to work on events as opposed to random tricks and tumbling.

We'll see where this whole gymnastics thing goes. Haha.

Welcome to the CB, I think you might be our first freerunner. Such a cool sport and I love to watch Damien Waters on youtube, scares me to death, but so AWESOME!

Sounds like you have some pretty huge skills for a self taught guy, stay safe and stick around!

Thanks, I'm excited to start lessons again. The gym is my favorite place to be. I took gymnastics to get good at freerunning, but now I'm really interested in gymnastics.

Do things like cheat gainers, corkscrews, etc. count for much in gymnastics? Just wondering because I put lots of time into learning that stuff and it would be cool if I could use them.

GAiners and any twisting skills are useful in gym. The one thing that can slow you down in gym is how you do them, as in in parcour the fact that your legs are crossed when twisting doesn't matter, c'os it's cool, but in gym that would be a deduction. But those things are fixable. Clearly if you have self taught those skills you have the talent it takes to do well in gym.

Trampoline and tumbling can be a great place for freerunners as you already have the skills. I don't know mens gym as well as womens, but they do have 6 apparatus to compete on and that is a lot to learn. But I bet you'd have a blast doing it!

Wow now that an interesting sport in a good way. I had never heard of it until I saw it in a piece about that new Cartoon Network show Unnatural History. Welcome to Chalk Bucket.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back