Parents How old is your DD/DS and what level?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DD just turned 8 last week. She's competes level 5, but trains level 7-8 skills because she's on our TOPS team. She should compete level 7 -8 next season.

11, second year level 7...this is first time repeating a level....amount of uptraining dependent upon how freaked out she is! (No TOPS available within 200 miles here and DD still in the youngest age group at many meets in our region).

DD is a young 7 year old. Just finished competing level 3. She is currently training level 4 skills but will most likely compete another season at level 3.

I agree. thats child abuse for sure. No other way to look at it
We had a mother at the child care I worked at that used to do crazy stuff to her 6 week old son and say he LOVED it. Years later, I met his older brother and older sister... and him when they came back to the child care... 2 of the 3 have mental problems, him being one of them.

My DD is 7, almost 8 in April. Level 2. (was in level 3 last yr till they changed all the levels and since she didnt meet qualifying scores to move up with the rest of the team, she got to stay in the new level 3 which is now level 2) wayy too confusing for me lol. She started gymnastics at 5 and is in her 2nd year competing.

My DD is 7 and competed L3 this year. It has been a very successful year for her in part because the only reason she competed the L3 was that her kip wasn't there at the beginning of competition season. It's there now though so onto L4 right after state in a post season meet and then onto L5. Of course this is assuming everything stays on track and the elusive kip doesn't do a disappearing act :eek:

Got both gymmies into gymnastics because we were tired of them climbing door jambs and hanging from them :) and bouncing on furniture... etc. etc.

9 yo L3 (spent 2 years at old L4 and CHOSE to compete new L3 so she wouldn't have to do a grapevine on beam, lol). She has been in gymnastics since she was 17 months old. First climbed to the top knot of the rope (24 feet) at gym at the age of 2 years, 4 months... sat up there, rocking back and forth, "swinging" around until HC came over and told her that she had to come down NOW or she would NEVER get to do rope again. Moved out of Baby class (18 months-3yrs, with a parent) into the 3-5 year old (no parent) class the next week.

12 yo Xcel Gold (competed 2 years L4, 1 year L5, 1 year L6, in 2nd year of Gold). Started gym in 3-5 year old class at 4 years, 5 months. Spent 2 months in that class and was moved into the 2nd of 3 levels of progressive classes. After 1 month of that class, they had a month off (but offered 2 separate weeks of summer gymnastics camp for ages 5+... she was still 4, but allowed to participate since she was in the older classes already). When they started classes back in July, she was moved to the last progressive class. She was in that class for 20 months (minus the July when she was 5 and Decembers were only 1/2 months, so technically, 18 months), then she was invited to team - the youngest ever at that point (6 years, 5 months old... exactly 2 years after she started gymnastics).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back