Parents How old is your DD/DS and what level?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi! Brand new here :)

My daughter is one of the older ones you don't hear much about. She is 11 and competing in new L3 (we call it 3.5 in our house, since she was L3 last spring, but after the change, even though she moved up, she's L3 again.)
Her team is all younger than her, but I make her ignore that.
She started gymnastics in 1st grade, but refused to compete until 4th (she didn't like to be watched).

Older gymnastic child is 14 and competing L10 again this year.
Younger gymnastic child 4 and playing in the pre-school gym.

DD just turned 10 and is just starting level 5. Only works out at gym 6 hrs a week. I think she would be a lot more advanced if she had more practice a week. She has so much potential but no other gyms around that offer gymnastics for about 120 miles. It's so hard!

Dd is just turned 9 competing level 3. I wish I would have started her years ago. She is doing an awesome job, don't get me wrong, but as far as leveling up quickly I wish she'd started younger. Almost finished with season 1 lowest score 34.550 high so far 36.00!! Gearing up for state.

DD is 6, and I guess level 3, training level 4? She just made the TOPS 3/4 team (starts next week), but I think she's the only level 3. So...... unless she's training by herself...... maybe she's a 3.5 ?!? :D

And that lady is fine. It's the insane mothers who are giving this woman their babies are the ones who should be arrested! Without children readily available, maybe She would just play with big marble balls instead?

My dd is 17 and L10. She did 2 yrs of L8, broke her foot didn't finish 2nd yr of 8. She did 2 yrs of L9 after elbow surgery right after 1st yr at 9. Her first season of 10, she broke her foot. Another fracture in the off season, same foot, same bone. Came back is doing 10 a 2nd yr now. It really doesn't matter who reaches 10 first, they all end up there anyways. The pounding their bodies take at the higher levels is simply grueling.

My ds is 12yo level 5. He just won level 5, 11-18yo division at our state meet!

My dd is 9yo and just made the level 3 team.

So cool to hear of another older level 5 boy...seems most of the boys here are young and very good. Obviously your son is older - but doing quite well!! My 13 year old is finishing L5 with regionals this year then trying for L7 (I don't think he'll make it...)....he's always happy when he sees other "older" boys! For us it doesn't help that his 11 year old sister is a level 8 and his 9 year old brother also a L5....

9 and level 3. She only competed half of a season due to a gym change so where she is now has her doing quite a bit of up-training for level 4, but we take a "believe it when I see it" approach to her levels so for now we call her a level 3.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back