Parents "If I were homeschooled..."

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

"...I'd be able to do my cartwheel on beam by now..." emplored my 6 yo DD very disgruntled, with tears welling in her eyes, after several unsuccessful attempts. She cracks me up! She wouldn't stop until she did three successfully, which took a while!!!!! Crazy girl! Don't even know where she got the idea of homeschooling - certainly not our gym lol!

Any other funny DD quotes?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using ChalkBucket mobile app

Funny! On her way to gym practice one day, Dd said she wished we drove an RV so she could practice her tricks on the way :) Love their logic!

My daughter used to beg to be home schooled too. None of the gyms we've been to home school, but there is one in the area that does. She thought that was the best idea for training gymnastics. Now that she's in high school, I haven't heard this request in a while.

Sent from my MB855 using ChalkBucket mobile app

LOL. My DD regularly tells me that when she is an optional gymnast she will have to homeschool and that it should happen by 3rd grade, she thinks. :) She just turned 7 and is 1st grade hahaha.

She's very serious about everything related to gym. On Easter morning all of our kids were digging into their baskets and I noticed she was sorting her candy by type into 3 piles. When I asked her what she was doing, she rolled her eyes and said, "I'm splitting it up into piles to give to my brother and sisters. I can't eat this mom. I'M IN TRAINING! Duh!"

I had an update meeting with dd's coach.

When she came out if practice I told her I had some good news, and her immediate response was "I can train every day?"

kid already trains 4 days gym and 2 days her other sport :rolleyes:. Fortunately homeschooling isn't common over here so she's not come across it or I'm sure she'd be begging.

IJ pulls that one out when she is having a rough morning getting ready for school but it is more about not being away from me than gymnastics, but she will frame it up that way;)

"I'm splitting it up into piles to give to my brother and sisters. I can't eat this mom. I'M IN TRAINING! Duh!"

IMPRESSIVE! On the other end of the spectrum, my dd thought that eating a starburst every 30 sec that she is in her splits would be a great training idea!

hahaha now this is funny !!!

IMPRESSIVE! On the other end of the spectrum, my dd thought that eating a starburst every 30 sec that she is in her splits would be a great training idea!

I'm pretty sure mine would never ask for homeschooling! If I ask her to do something, she acts like I'm trying to teach her rocket science. If anyone else asks, she can solve anything.

Oh yeah. I recently heard that Starburst are the next "superfood." Ya gotta love the creativity she employed to keep herself within that unique dietary guideline.

And to think, my younger gymmie has the nickname "Hashbrown" at gym because it was the thought of a McDonalds hashbrown waiting for her that got her to do a GREAT vault! :)

Mine said "Mom, I think I will just go to the olympics twice. That way others can have a turn".

We homeschool. I have never thought to add cartwheeling on the beam to our school requirements hehe.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back