Parents Its the end

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Kris, there is a dive team in the town my daughter trains in! One of our girls dives for them. It's a possibility...

PM me if you want the name.

Sent from my LGL55C using ChalkBucket mobile app

She did some competitive diving in California, while she enjoyed it she doesn't want to do it again. Ahead has decided to play soccer with the agreement that goalie is strictly forbidden. She is actually quite good at it but was never able to commit the hours to it because of gym. She is even talking about trying out for her high school team next year.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using ChalkBucket mobile app

Diving is really hard on upper extremities, probably as much as gymnastics or close. The force of hitting the water esp from platform heights is much more than you expect and it's mostly broken by the wrists.

I would commit to taking a specific amount of time (6 months, a year) off, but if she is not done then I would review the decision if the healing is sufficient.

So sorry to hear about the injury.

My daughter has a problem with the growth plates in her feet (iselin's disease) and I'm holding my breath for the day the ortho says she can't tumble anymore. She gave up gymnastics already and switched to cheer because it's easier on her feet, but I worry still that they might tell her she can't do that either. It would break her heart!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back