Parents Last meet of season

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Daughter had her last meet this past weekend( it was her league championship meet that was postponed due to a winter storm).
I think she did not have high expectations for this meet since she felt that she did not do that well at States coming off an injury. I was also not looking forward to this meet it was a 2and 1/2 hour drive, we had a 8am start time and I was taking both her and teammate by myself (her friends mom had to work) so I was essentially the only parent from our gym at this session. There were only 2 of them competeing since the other girl in their group moved up to compete 6. I am glad they were moving her up because she is really talented but it has been hard for my daughter and her teammate who have been together since the begining. The first year their whole level4 team left except them, then last year the girl who was with them moved away, and then this year they finally had a new girl with them and she moved up. To make matters worse I could not convince the head coach to let the girls leave practice early so we could get there at a decent time and check into the hotel. I think we finally checked in at 10pm IMHO way too late for the night before a meet! I was so ready to just say forget about the meet!! But I knew deep down that they really want to do this meet.
Well surprisingly daughter had the best meet of the season. She got a AA35.4 placed 7out 24 and placed in all events except floor. She got a 9.25 on bars I almost fell over (this is her 1st 9 ever on bars! - this was actually 5th place). She improved her floor with 8.45 from the last 2 meets. I was really proud since it has only been a month since she has come back to full practice with her wrist injuries. I did tape not very good her bar and beam routine and will try to post it when I have time.

Well thats great! Im so glad she had a positive end to the season. Kudos to her (and you) for sticking it out. Have a nice summer off!

That's wonderful!! Congrats to her on doing so well--and that coach is nuts! None of our coaches would have an issue at all with leaving early to travel to an away meet like that.

Congrats!! What a great way to end the season :)

I agree, that coach is nuts for not letting them leave practice early.
We don't even practice the day before a meet.

Great results for a meet that so wasn't in winter.

LOL at the coach, I would've walked in and taken them. They don't own the kids!

I thought about just taking them but I knew that it would not be worth it because she most likely would of just pulled them from the meet. That would of made my daughter upset. It did make me very angry because it was just a silly power struggle for no reason. The sad part about it is that she has probally the best gym in the area and is a really great coach and there is no reason for her to act that way. She has in the past let girls leave early before a meet, I think it was the fact that I suggested it not her.

SO who coaches them at the meet? Did she? It makes no sense that she would finish training so late when the meet was so far away.

She is being a control freak and that is never an attractive quality!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back