Parents Leo brands

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Our new team leos this year are alpha factor. We have had gk for the past several years. These new ones have had stitching come out on several of our optional girls and they ride up. Has anyone else had trouble? Thinking about new Leo's for optionals even though they only wore these for one short season. Maybe they were just cheap leos.

We had Alpha Factor leos one year for our practice leo and the parents were REALLY unhappy with them. They faded dramatically especially the metallic part of the leo. Within six months, the leos look like a solid color. We stick to GK now.

That is what we use for our team leo as well and haven't had any problems. My DD wore it for meet season, and they're getting new ones this year (same brand, so I hope they're OK!), so she has been using the old team leo for a practice leo, and still no problems. It still looks just like it did when we got it as well.

Welcome to Dreamlight Activewear - Gymnastics Leotards & Apparel; Elegance, Pure & Simple

We use Dreamlight leos for competition - and most of our "gym store" leos are dreamlight. I've purchased a few AF leos, and several GK, and I'm not as impressed as I am with DL. The colors stay true, their material is comfortable for the gymnasts, and the prices are reasonable. They are also made right here in my city, so it makes them easy to obtain - but they ship quickly.

DL is my daughters favorite brand.

Welcome to Dreamlight Activewear - Gymnastics Leotards & Apparel; Elegance, Pure & Simple

We use Dreamlight leos for competition - and most of our "gym store" leos are dreamlight. I've purchased a few AF leos, and several GK, and I'm not as impressed as I am with DL. The colors stay true, their material is comfortable for the gymnasts, and the prices are reasonable. They are also made right here in my city, so it makes them easy to obtain - but they ship quickly.

I never heard of that one. I will look them up. Are they more expensive?

I find them reasonable. I usually do not like to pay over $35-45 for a leo, and I find they have many *work out* leos that fit my price range.

Of course, once you start adding on the *bling* you are talking more money (our competition leos run about $250)

Mereleo.jpg

It's kind of dark, but you can see the leo - and it's covered in Swarovski Crystals.

I never heard of that one. I will look them up. Are they more expensive?

I find them reasonable. I usually do not like to pay over $35-45 for a leo, and I find they have many *work out* leos that fit my price range.

Of course, once you start adding on the *bling* you are talking more money (our competition leos run about $250)

View attachment 3929

It's kind of dark, but you can see the leo - and it's covered in Swarovski Crystals.

Beautiful. Our comp leis are usually only around $80-$90! How long to they keep them?

Our comp leo is dreamlight. They are beautiful, though not cheap (ours was about $170). The washing instructions are rediculous though. It required handwashing in woolite and distilled water, and it was very specific about how to wash (do not soak!) and dry (roll in two towels, then hang in front of a fan, not allowing the front of the leo to touch the back of the leo... quite a trick!). Now, I followed these directions every time, including going out and buying distilled water, but there are other parents who admit to machine washing and say they turned out just fine. But for the kind of money I spent on the leo, taking the time and effort to follow the washing intructions seemed like a good idea to me.

We had Alpha Factor for our leos last year and the fit (on ALL the girls) was awful...can you say permanent wedgie? If you put the leo on and didn't move, well , it looked nice, but move and bingo, up the butt. When we were ordering leos for this year, the owner wanted to go with Alpha Factor again so I spoke up and said " hey could you look into a GK leo for a better fit?" and it turns out that all the girls and their parents were so happy that we switched back to GK!!! (but no one wanted to say anything!) We wore GK for this competitive season and I am happy to report that all butts were covered and everyone pleased.

I would never order a competitive leo from Alpha Factor because no matter how big you get it, the cut is such that it always rides up...

Thanks for reaffirming. The trouble is the girls spend so much time worrying about their butt hanging out that they can't focus on routines. I will talk to owner about switching.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News