Parents Leotard costs

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The ones we have currently were $265. Apparently they have Swarovski crystles on them. We are supposed to be getting new Leos in the fall and I am hoping that they are more reasonably priced.

GTCmom of a level 8 gymnast and wife of a coach

At DDs gym they were between $80-150 (tank and long sleeve). The new tank style for next season is $45.

Compulsaries were around $100. The optionals were about $130-150 if I remember correctly. Haven't heard this years cost. :(

At DDs old gym, they were over $200... They also had Swarovski crystals.

New gym I think we paid under $100 last year. Like $80 maybe?

The crystals sure were pretty on the old leo, but I remember thinking that it was maybe a bit much, especially as DD was/is only in compulsories!

Thanks everyone! I feel better. Last year I paid about $65.00 for what was a really nice looking and (from what dd says) comfortable leo. This year just paid $140.00 (and that doesn't include new warm ups!). So, it seems like we are right in the middle this year, price-wise.

$170 or so for the Leo, around $100 for the warmups. All girls from L4-up wear the same one, only L3 gets a cheaper (but still pretty!) tank Leo.

Our L1 tank was $65. L2-L5 (compulsory) leo is $96.
Warm-ups for L3 and up were $200ish.

I know one girl who has managed to wear the same leo for 3 years of compulsories. I was lucky enough to have a daughter who grew after spring season (4 meets), and needed a new one in the fall. Made it through this past year (this one was worn EIGHT times! woo hoo!), and needs a new one in the fall. Ugh.

Our L1 tank was $65. L2-L5 (compulsory) leo is $96.
Warm-ups for L3 and up were $200ish.

I know one girl who has managed to wear the same leo for 3 years of compulsories. I was lucky enough to have a daughter who grew after spring season (4 meets), and needed a new one in the fall. Made it through this past year (this one was worn EIGHT times! woo hoo!), and needs a new one in the fall. Ugh.
I was hoping to get another year out of the one my daughter wore last year but turns out the leo is being changed.

This past season... $78.
The year before... $150 (GK had discontinued the leotard so it became a complete "special order" and was not available for our 2 girls that joined team mid-season). Luckily, we were able to work it out for my gymmies - YG squeezed into her old one for all but Nationals - she borrowed one 2 sizes bigger for Nationals... and OG was able to make a trade- one of the new girls had a leo from a former team member that was one size too big for her and that was the size OG needed, so they traded.
The year before that... $125 (first year with the NEW style... were not told it was set to be discontinued).
Before that ... $80-$90 every year.

We paid $180 for our current ones. There are lots of crystals on them. Photo attached. We get a new leo every two years and new track suits every 3 years.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-18 at 12.22.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-18 at 12.22.34 PM.png
    348.3 KB · Views: 170
Our gym is very conscious of extra costs, and try to keep that in mind with the team leos. The level 3 Leo is a tank and usually not more than $45. The rest get l/s but they still work to keep the cost down. Might not be as flashy as others, but I appreciate the effort to save pennies however possible!

Our gym is very conscious of extra costs, and try to keep that in mind with the team leos. The level 3 Leo is a tank and usually not more than $45. The rest get l/s but they still work to keep the cost down. Might not be as flashy as others, but I appreciate the effort to save pennies however possible!
Our gym TRIES to be cost conscious.
The year before OG started on team, they changed leotards (too many teams with red and black... so we switched and went with columbia blue... and navy blue warm ups). The next year (OG's first), GK messed up one of our sleeves but it was close. She wore that leotard for 2 years... and we kept the same style. Her 3rd year, GK discontinued our velvet and substituted regular nylon - didn't look good on the older gymnasts... so, for year 4, HC decided to let the girls choose. All the girls got to go through the entire GK competitive catalog and pick designs and colors. Colors changed to columbia blue and black and white. There were 4 top contenders, so HC printed the mock-ups with our colors. Then the girls had to vote for one of them... Narrowed it down to top 2 and one more round of voting. The girls (other than my gymmies and 3 others) didn't even pay attention to the prices. There were 5 girls that were respectful of a budget. In the end, we got $125 leotards (that GK was planning to discontinue the next season, but did not bother to mention this when the rep came to size the girls).
We had so much trouble with GK, that this past season, we switched to alpha factor... but that meant EVERYONE getting new leotards AND warm ups. All the Adult warm up pants were too big, so we are changing pants for next season, but we are hoping to keep the same leotard style for at least 3-4 years. So, next season (if OG competes... not sure now due to pressure from certain individuals that SHOULD have her best interest at heart), I will have to buy 1 leotard. YG can wear OG's current leo next season and hopefully the season after that!

Ours are $160. We have different leos for different levels at our gym. The L3 leo (tank style) is $45. Then the L4-7 leo is $100. L8-9 is $160. L10 is going to be around $165, I think. Warmups are another $100-ish.

£60, which works out about $ 100, but the gym paid 1/6 of that. They are special order from Milano, long sleeve. They will not change the leo for the foreseeable future and the gym has several available to hire for gymnasts only doing one or two comps a year.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News