Parents Leotard costs

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Wow, pretty but that is A LOT of bling! Doesn't it hurt to roll on the crystals on the back?

According to DD, only during the handstand flat back for vault last year.

The reason the gym picked such an expensive leotard was for appearances. We wanted to look like a serious club. Same reason the girls were required to have the same hairstyle.

Does the bling on a leo determine skill? No. Of course not. But no one hires a lawyer in jeans and a T-shirt and if the girls get a hit of confidence from looking good - more power to them.

It did not fit for 3 seasons. She outgrew it after the first season. Some other girls (of different sizes) had the same problem. It worked out for most of the girls- some of the older girls quit, and handed down their leos to the growing girls, who handed down their leos to the new littler ones. Some girls simply had to reorder a bigger size. The older girl's leo that we acquired lasted the remaining 2 seasons, and she is starting to outgrow that one now. Thank goodness we get new leos this season! We're staying in the same price range. (I appreciate that)

Reactions: sce
I've been told we keep our leotards for four years. We are entering into year 3 this season. Little bit is in the tank leo ($50) but it looks like by year 4 she may move up to the longsleeve ($175). Kind of a bummer she will only have it for one year and then we buy another one

About $100. We keep the leo for 2 years. Warm-up is also about $100 and is purchased every other year opposite the years we get the leos.

I'm thankful our club tries to keep costs down. Here's our leo from the last 2 years. We'll be getting new ones this fall.
image.jpg

Not to belabor the point, but (1) it's not about looks, and (2) I have raised my DD so that she could feel pretty in a paper bag and proud of herself in rags.

If you were kidding, I apologize- I couldn't tell for sure one way or the other.
I was kidding :) But I also know that for a lot of the parents in our gym that is is absolutely because they look pretty in sparkly leos and it matters A LOT to those folks.

One of the best gyms in our area wears a solid tank Lycra leotard with the gym name embroidered on the front.

I don't think the fancy leos help the scores at all, it's just dressing up. There is no reason a compulsory kid needs to look as fancy as an elite at nationals--none, in my opinion.

Did you know that some gyms mark up competition Leos to make a profit?

Ours (for compulsories) are around $100, optionals are around $200, warmups are another $100. Our gym gets a new leo every 2 years. Last year, I got DD a bigger than she needed leo, and had it taken in (sleeves and waist) so I would be sure she could get 2 years out of it. While I was busy patting myself on the back for being so clever, she was moved from L3 to L6...so, new leo. Yay...;)

Last summer when we had to get DD a new leo (because she grew) I was able to find someone to buy her old one (worn 4 times) for half the price of new. That way we each paid only half price.
The child grew, again, and I will be getting her a new one, again. I'm hoping I can do the same thing with her current one, but she's worn this one a whole year, 8 times. Not sure if I could still ask for half price. But I suppose it can't hurt to try :)

I don't know how often our gym changes leos, but I'm guessing now that it will be next year. Just so I have to buy ANOTHER one - LOL!

Our previous gym was $50 for the practice leo and $190 for the long sleeve competition leo. We would have used the comp leo for 2 years and the practice one for as long as it fit. We also had warm ups in the in $150 range. Our current gym uses the previous years comp leo as the current year practice. Of course since we weren't there last season we will be paying the $70 for a practice leo and also have to purchase the comp leo which I am assuming will be around the $70 range as well and warm ups which I do not know the price of.

My dd competition Leo is $126, I am hoping that she will fit last years but I am afraid by fall it might now. At least I don't have to replace warm up. One thing our gym does is you can buy just the pants or just the jacket so that saves a little $. Any amount helps in this sport :)

We just got our cost right at the 200 dollar mark. Lucky no warm ups this year. We keep our leos for two years and with two girls do this sport, I'm very thankful for that

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News